The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

4 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

right. But howie wont draft one and then will point to morrow as like well we already took care of it.

Look I get that we dont prioritize the LBer position, but I would be shocked if Morrow was brought in to be a starter. This has backup/special teams signing all over it. Having both your starting LBers being 6 ft 225 lbs with one of them we have no idea how hes going to play and the other we already know is god awful in pass coverage.......have fun getting hyped on Sundays for that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UndyTaker said:

Look I get that we dont prioritize the LBer position, but I would be shocked if Morrow was brought in to be a starter. This has backup/special teams signing all over it. Having both your starting LBers being 6 ft 225 lbs with one of them we have no idea how hes going to play and the other we already know is god awful in pass coverage.......have fun getting hyped on Sundays for that.

I'd wait till end of August before panicking about any positions

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

No one is panicking in the slightest.  But this is a discussion forum, and we are discussing the roster as it is currently constructed.

Not really sure why you gotta always say that but we know lol

It's hard to judge a player in certain areas when he plays with terrible players all around him. All I'm saying is wait to see it on the field before you make up your mind. You could end up right , you could end up wrong. This is a wait and see signing

Edited by EaglesFlySBChampsHigh

58 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

My thoughts is on who I think the money should of been spent on should be generally on the right side of thirty vs top dollar for guys who can easily fall off the age cliff. I feel it's wishful thinking to give a 35yo DE 6 million and 32yo DT 10 million will be productive enough this year to run it back successfully than spend that money on players who could of been very productive the next 3-4 and fit under that money. For 16 million, probably could of got tj, CJ, and white or Epps. Been younger and more quality players on the field and then draft or trade for potential higher quality of players.  It is a philosophy difference. ATM it seems Howie is on a cycle. two years fringe good play, Build up money, big year push, deep playoff run, bring the old people back for one more run, blow it up,  start over. This feels like the bring old people back stage lol 

I don’t disagree with anything much there. Philosophy issues aside, those guys did say they took less money to stay. Assume it’s a discount for us if that’s the case. I’d understand wanting to move on from older players tho. And of those guys listed, purely opinion here obviously, but CJ is the only one I thought as a difference maker and not easily replaced. Would I have liked him back? Sure. For Howie to change his philosophy to do it? No, he’s not that special. This is obvious an opinion based conversation. Some feel Howie is being irresponsible and careless. I feel he’s being innovative and aggressive. And if that cost is spending some future monies to facilitate a winning football team MOST years, then so be it. People like to give him crap or question his moves but fail to realize moves like trading for Slay and signing Hargrave were products of his style. And mostly, he’s been very successful. In the end, does it really matter what or how he does it when he produces the way he does? I don’t really care how the sausage is made. But it’s been damn delicious. Until I get a sour bite, I’m going to let him do his thing. So far, so good though. 

1 hour ago, UndyTaker said:

For any other organization I'd believe that too, but with this team's so inflexible philosophy I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if they do believe they have address the position as it is. Hell, I could argue this wouldn't even be the worst LB corps they fielded.    

• Like 1