The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

14 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

For any other organization I'd believe that too, but with this team's so inflexible philosophy I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if they do believe they have address the position as it is. Hell, I could argue this wouldn't even be the worst LB corps they fielded.    

I trust them to make more additions on defense.   

Trying to find some info on my dreamboat Bobby Wagner and everyone has articles on a reunion with the Seahawks. I guess it would make sense for Bobby if he’s got roots there. But Seahawks talking that’s a SB signing. Did Geno fool the whole damn league? Looks like.  

22 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Trying to find some info on my dreamboat Bobby Wagner and everyone has articles on a reunion with the Seahawks. I guess it would make sense for Bobby if he’s got roots there. But Seahawks talking that’s a SB signing. Did Geno fool the whole damn league? Looks like.  

We wouldn't be able to pay him anything so I doubt he comes here.

34 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

We wouldn't be able to pay him anything so I doubt he comes here.

Howie has Monopoly money. Hasn’t he proven as much this off-season? Plus, it’s almost a guaranteed ticket to the NFCC game with this weak NFC. He may take a little less. Us or the Cowboys would make the most sense. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jroc04 said:

Howie has Monopoly money. Hasn’t he proven as much this off-season? Plus, it’s almost a guaranteed ticket to the NFCC game with this weak NFC. He may take a little less. Us or the Cowboys would make the most sense. 

Yeah i just saw something that we have 13 million in free space somehow now. and Lane could give us more. I wont pretend to understand the dark deals he makes

6 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I agree and no one should doubt the Monopoly man!

Howie has a big movie left that's gonna be a sweet treat I believe. Not gonna pretend to know who it is but he's always good for about 1 every off season. Just a matter of when

5 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Yeah i just saw something that we have 13 million in free space somehow now. and Lane could give us more. I wont pretend to understand the dark deals he makes

Im sure we’ll hear allllllllll about it. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Yes, the Eagles currently have 13.9 million in cap space after the Slay restructure.  Still waiting on the Mariotta, Williams and Morrow contracts to be applied, and it is actually 8.4 million in space after the rookie pool is subtracted.

While that sounds nice, we have used 53.9 million in 2025 cap space.  All we have added to the 2025 roster for that 53.9 million is a 35 year old corner and a 33 year old corner.

Let me say that again.

FOR 53.9 MILLIONN IN 2025 CAP SPACE, ALL WE ADDED TO THE 2025 ROSTER IS A 35 AND 33 YEAR OLD CORNER.

44 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Yes, the Eagles currently have 13.9 million in cap space after the Slay restructure.  Still waiting on the Mariotta, Williams and Morrow contracts to be applied, and it is actually 8.4 million in space after the rookie pool is subtracted.

While that sounds nice, we have used 53.9 million in 2025 cap space.  All we have added to the 2025 roster for that 53.9 million is a 35 year old corner and a 33 year old corner.

Let me say that again.

FOR 53.9 MILLIONN IN 2025 CAP SPACE, ALL WE ADDED TO THE 2025 ROSTER IS A 35 AND 33 YEAR OLD CORNER.

Welp, at least we’ve done a great job at drafted young corners recently.   

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Let me say that again.

Since you keep bringing it up and not letting up. What would you do to fix this situation. Starting from this new league year. Would love to hear the fix. If it's punting a couple seasons then no one's gonna accept that , especially this fan base

3 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Since you keep bringing it up and not letting up. What would you do to fix this situation. Starting from this new league year. Would love to hear the fix. If it's punting a couple seasons then no one's gonna accept that , especially this fan base

I would not have extended Cox, Graham and Slay.  Not punting a season, but get younger and start chipping away at that dead cap.

Drafting better would help, especially at CB.