The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

30 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Howie's cooking right now. Something's coming soon enough

He better improves his seasoning because the dishes so far have tasted like sh*t. 

One thing I praise him for though is that he is never finished, he is always looking to improve on the roster (as long as it is not LB) and is never resting. The fact that he is so good at getting deals done/trading is what makes up for his lousy drafting. 

15 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Lived vicariously through the Bucs in that 2020 Super Bowl, just to feel what it was like to have have a LB who made plays.

Same watching a Monday night Saints game. Damario Davis just flying around. I do side with the people who think LB is luxury but it’s eye popping when you get a star LB. You don’t need your LB to make superstar plays, just play solid. Much like RB. But those special guys just pop and are a nuisance to the opposing team. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Broadway Joe said:

He better improves his seasoning because the dishes so far have tasted like sh*t. 

One thing I praise him for though is that he is never finished, he is always looking to improve on the roster (as long as it is not LB) and is never resting. The fact that he is so good at getting deals done/trading is what makes up for his lousy drafting. 

You really are a “what have you done lately fan” lol. 

19 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Lived vicariously through the Bucs in that 2020 Super Bowl, just to feel what it was like to have have a LB who made plays.

Yeah I really wanted us to take Lavonte David that year. He has been great.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

He was an All Pro in 2020. Not what I'd call "a bust".

I mean is it not telling that the bucs would be willing to move on from an all pro on his rookie contract? What would you call him at this point?

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

I mean is it not telling that the bucs would be willing to move on from an all pro on his rookie contract? What would you call him at this point?

We’ll take Winfield and throw in White for funsies. 

37 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Didn't the Bears do the same thing to Roquan? Would you call him a bust?

18 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

He's definitely a strong contender, but would it be a bad thing? Seems like a versatile defender for the DL.

I wouldn't mind Van Ness but 10 seems high for him to me; though it seems like he's been rising the past few weeks.