The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

19 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Didn't the Bears do the same thing to Roquan? Would you call him a bust?

Roquan was moved because the bears didn't want to pay him his second contract. Devin would be moved because he's not worth his first.

Slightly different situation.

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

Roquan was moved because the bears didn't want to pay him his second contract. Devin would be moved because he's not worth his first.

Slightly different situation.

But still similar situations - I don't know how good Devin White is nor do I watch the Bucs play; however, suggesting someone is a "bust" because they may get traded without being extended is not something I'd consider criteria for that label. 

3 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

But still similar situations - I don't know how good Devin White is nor do I watch the Bucs play; however, suggesting someone is a "bust" because they may get traded without being extended is not something I'd consider criteria for that label. 

Devin White gets abused in coverage, more than Nick Morrow gets abused in coverage.

4 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

He isn't a bust because he will be traded. He is a bust because he wasnt good last year. The word was he 100% should have been benched based on play but Todd Bowles loves him so he didnt do it.

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

He isn't a bust because he will be traded. He is a bust because he wasnt good last year. The word was he 100% should have been benched based on play but Todd Bowles loves him so he didnt do it.

But he was an All-Pro in 2020 and a Pro Bowler (obviously not a major accomplisment) in 2021; so is he a bust or was he just bad last year? 

I'm not advocating to trade for him nor do I even think it's something we'd entertain so the conversation is kind of pointless but I don't think the bust criteria fits here. 

25 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

It is a response to a comment that he is cooking right now, and this offseason has not been very pleasant for us so far, thus the dishes he has been cooking have a bad taste. 

A matter of taste I guess. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

He better improves his seasoning because the dishes so far have tasted like sh*t. 

One thing I praise him for though is that he is never finished, he is always looking to improve on the roster (as long as it is not LB) and is never resting. The fact that he is so good at getting deals done/trading is what makes up for his lousy drafting. 

If sh** is a SB loss then yeah. If you're going by success overall then we've had some great dishes. 

5 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

But he was an All-Pro in 2020 and a Pro Bowler (obviously not a major accomplisment) in 2021; so is he a bust or was he just bad last year? 

I'm not advocating to trade for him nor do I even think it's something we'd entertain so the conversation is kind of pointless but I don't think the bust criteria fits here. 

Maybe bust is a strong word but a player trending down for sure.

10 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

If sh** is a SB loss then yeah. If you're going by success overall then we've had some great dishes. 

the SB loss is not part of the off season. It was his previous cook. 

If by Howie is cooking you meant "the past twelve months" then my answer should be different. As I understood it, he is currently cooking and it hasn't been (so) good this time around. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

If by Howie is cooking you meant "the past twelve months" then my answer should be different. As I understood it, he is currently cooking and it hasn't been (so) good this time around. 

Yep.  This is the cooking that started on March 13th.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

Yeah my bad. Was thinking of something different

How isn't it as good? So far it's been a pleasant surprise to most. Brought back some key pieces. Some intriguing new faces and still has time to add to the course. Lol we need a howie picture with a chef hat 😂