The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

1 minute ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Yeah my bad. Was thinking of something different

How isn't it as good? So far it's been a pleasant surprise to most. Brought back some key pieces. Some intriguing new faces and still has time to add to the course. Lol we need a howie picture with a chef hat 😂

Id say right now hes gambling with older vets and some shady contracts. Im going to wait to see what the roster looks like in August, because right now it doesnt look great. Still need two starting safeties, starting LBer, backup slot CB, starting quality DT, backup DE, backup T and G, 1-2 WRs, and a RB 1.

4 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Yeah my bad. Was thinking of something different

How isn't it as good? So far it's been a pleasant surprise to most. Brought back some key pieces. Some intriguing new faces and still has time to add to the course. Lol we need a howie picture with a chef hat 😂

Really? I mean I in no way expected to be as good as last year's. 2021 defensive talent was so abysmal that the fact that 2022 Defense was loaded shows as a masterful off-season but with said talent being pretty much a rental. But this year? We lost 8 starters, we didn't bring any young talent back and the so called intriguing new faces are 1 year deals for flawed players. James Bradberry has been the best move so far and the Slay contract takes a bit away from it, and even still JB was not the best case scenario for talent to be retained.  

2 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

Id say right now hes gambling with older vets and some shady contracts. Im going to wait to see what the roster looks like in August, because right now it doesnt look great. Still need two starting safeties, starting LBer, backup slot CB, starting quality DT, backup DE, backup T and G, 1-2 WRs, and a RB 1.

We don't need an RB1, but we could use another body there. 

Could also use a TE2.

Edited by Jeezla

30 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

We don't need an RB1, but we could use another body there. 

Could also use a TE2.

Well youre going to need to find someone who you are willing to give the bulk of the carries to because you cant rely on Penny to stay healthy and Gainwell is what he is, mostly a situational 3rd down RB who from time to time you can give him significant carries, but not someone you go into every week as your #1.

So yeah they need to find a RB who is good enough to be a #1 

55 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Really? I mean I in no way expected to be as good as last year's. 2021 defensive talent was so abysmal that the fact that 2022 Defense was loaded shows as a masterful off-season but with said talent being pretty much a rental. But this year? We lost 8 starters, we didn't bring any young talent back and the so called intriguing new faces are 1 year deals for flawed players. James Bradberry has been the best move so far and the Slay contract takes a bit away from it, and even still JB was not the best case scenario for talent to be retained.  

I'm not looking at the 8 starters like that. The ones we really need to replace are Hargrave and CGJ. Everyone else was replaceable. Another trade/draft pickups could fix those 2. Gotta wait and see

Those 1 year deals could turn into more. I like the people we picked up. That's fine if you don't. We all got different opinions on it. 

I'm not a fan of the contracts but you can't lose everyone so you just gotta deal with it unfortunately 

58 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

Yeah it's more a wait and see but I like what's been retained and added to so far. Still got a few steps left