The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Because the cap space created this year is not equal to the future cap space it is taking away.

I will post the difference once the numbers are released.

Again, why does it matter? If he can duly have top 5 dead cap, top 5 cap space and a top 5 team, why does it matter to appease people outside looking in? 

The must have a formula or allocation they are comfortable with that allows them to use a certain portion of future monies that they allow themselves to use without sacrificing the product on the field. But now we have issue with cap space too? I don’t get it besides people just hating the guy. It seems pretty clear that some teams are equipped to handle the accounting sheet and some aren’t. You see whats happening to the Bucs and Rams. But the Eagles are seemingly navigating it fine. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

Again, why does it matter? If he can duly have top 5 dead cap, top 5 cap space and a top 5 team, why does it matter to appease people outside looking in? 

The must have a formula or allocation they are comfortable with that allows them to use a certain portion of future monies that they allow themselves to use without sacrificing the product on the field. But now we have issue with cap space too? I don’t get it besides people just hating the guy. It seems pretty clear that some teams are equipped to handle the accounting sheet and some aren’t. You see whats happening to the Bucs and Rams. But the Eagles are seemingly navigating it fine. 

It doesn't matter. I wanna be competitive. 

Very true about the Rams and Bucs. Some teams can't move around money like Howie. They try and fail 

Just now, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Wonder what the big move/s gonna be! Very excited to see what player/s we get. 

Howie likes to take about 10M into the season typically. With the rookies it prob shrinks to 10-12 or so. But could just be rollover money as well for Hurts money coming up. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jroc04 said:

Howie likes to take about 10M into the season typically. With the rookies it prob shrinks to 10-12 or so. But could just be rollover money as well for Hurts money coming up. 

That would be a letdown personally but I get it with Hurts Contract incoming. I still expect 1 big move from Howie. Might be months away or during the draft but I feel one coming