The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

18 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

It’s like the real world, you can say what you want as long as it doesn’t break any rules. But people have the right to respond to it too. If it’s not something they want to ignore, like belittling mental health, they can respond to it.

As someone with their own mental health issues, not really gonna be on your side of that take personally. But it’s not like there is a rule to stop it per se.

Not going to get in a back and forth, which is why I mentioned the other dude can ignore something that obviously he's sensitive to.  Sorry for your issues, obviously.  As far as the mega millionaire athlete, he's afforded the option to walk away if it got to bad for him.  Doubt he will, with that kind of money on the line.    

7 minutes ago, 4for4PhillyFan said:

Not going to get in a back and forth, which is why I mentioned the other dude can ignore something that obviously he's sensitive to.  Sorry for your issues, obviously.  As far as the mega millionaire athlete, he's afforded the option to walk away if it got to bad for him.  Doubt he will, with that kind of money on the line.    

Not sensitive to it. Just thought I’d respond to a careless, thoughtless, naive take. It’s a discussion forum. I don’t have to be sensitive or have personal experience to an issue to not be able to have empathy for the guy. Money has nothing to do with his plight, clearly. We seen Brooks deal with it (anxiety) a few years back. You oughta know your brain, through chemical balance, trauma or injury can effect the way the rest of your body and life deal. Consider yourself lucky you don’t have to (or just don’t chose to) deal with those issues. I know I do. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Not sensitive to it. Just thought I’d respond to a careless, thoughtless, naive take. It’s a discussion forum. I don’t have to be sensitive or have personal experience to an issue to not be able to have empathy for the guy. Money has nothing to do with his plight, clearly. We seen Brooks deal with it (anxiety) a few years back. You oughta know your brain, through chemical balance, trauma or injury can affect the way the rest of your body and life deal. Consider yourself lucky you don’t have to (or just don’t chose to) deal with those issues. I know I do. 

Ok, thanks 

Edited by 4for4PhillyFan

Now Ike Reese has fallen into the RB at #10 trap.  Amazing how people can be tricked into being morons.  LOL. Embarrassing.    

I’ll make a bet with whoever wants to step up.  I know there’s posters here who who aren’t a fan and wouldn’t mind seeing me disappear for a bit.  So here’s your chance to get rid of me for a few months.  Loser gets a 3 month self ban from this board.  

I say the Eagles aren’t picking at #10 and #30.  Anyone want to take that action?   

4 minutes ago, 4for4PhillyFan said:

Now Ike Reese has fallen into the RB at #10 trap.  Amazing how people can be tricked into being morons.  LOL. Embarrassing.    

I’ll make a bet with whoever wants to step up.  I know there’s posters here who who aren’t a fan and wouldn’t mind seeing me disappear for a bit.  So here’s your chance to get rid of me for a few months.  Loser gets a 3 month self ban from this board.  

I say the Eagles aren’t picking at #10 and #30.  Anyone want to take that action?   

I’m one of the biggest no 1st round RBs advocate and I can see how it would be appealing. Having a homerun RB in this offense would be just debilitating to opposing defenses. And honestly, we’re going to have to thoroughly outscore opponents. Bijan or a RB of his talents would be incredible to watch in this offense currently constructed. But the 1st round RB is always proven to be a mistake. This is one time though where an offense is seemingly great everywhere else though. Using the pick on a CB or DE where we are old and/or lacking would be better for the long term however. Would I be upset? No because the offense would be sick. But eventually it will cost us. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I’m one of the biggest no 1st round RBs advocate and I can see how it would be appealing. Having a homerun RB in this offense would be just debilitating to opposing defenses. And honestly, we’re going to have to thoroughly outscore opponents. Bijan or a RB of his talents would be incredible to watch in this offense currently constructed. But the 1st round RB is always proven to be a mistake. This is one time though where an offense is seemingly great everywhere else though. Using the pick on a CB or DE where we are old and/or lacking would be better for the long term however. Would I be upset? No because the offense would be sick. But eventually it will cost us. 

I would be absolutely shocked if our first two picks aren't OL/DL - either 1/1 or 2 DL. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I'm in the camp of "I know it's a mistake but I want it anyways". I miss watching someone like Shady just put on an absolute show on the field every week.

LeSean McCoy Runs All over Detroit Lions En Route to over 200 Rushing Yards  | News, Scores, Highlights, Stats, and Rumors | Bleacher Report

Gimme this **** again

Edited by Daimonas

Just now, UndyTaker said:

Bijan is the trade chip Howie is selling right now. He wants to trade back from 10.

Could definitely see that. Didn't think about using bijan himself as leverage. I just really feel like howie wants a young blue chip edge (if there are any, I don't really watch college ball), and you don't see those often outside the top 10.

7 minutes ago, Daimonas said:

I don't particularly like you, but I also don't care enough about you to participate in a bet.

LOL.  Did I hurt your feelings too?  

I don’t even know if I’ve seen you on here before.  But cool.  

Edited by 4for4PhillyFan

I get how enticing it is, Miles could’ve been an easy 2k from scrimmage guy if he could read/follow blocks and if he didn’t seemingly lose the ability to help out in the passing game much.

You get a guy like Bijan, Gibbs with this line and it could be a big boon.

Issue is the trade off. Taking one of those guys round 1 means you aren’t building the DL/edge back up, do it too often and you are like most teams with crappy lines pretty fast.

1 minute ago, Daimonas said:

I'm in the camp of "I know it's a mistake but I want it anyways". I miss watching someone like Shady just put on an absolute show on the field every week.

If they do it at 30, I’m fine with it. It can be an odd spot where the board is a lot of times. You are in the 2nd round talent pool at that point. If you think that guy can be the dude for 5 years I get it.

Will be interesting how they add to the offense, it’s their best bet at getting back to the SB. NFC is at its weakest point since the early 2000s. Don’t be dumb but suspect we’ll get a couple of more chips thrown in by Howie to this year. Can see RB at 30 is one that could be a special circumstance for him.