The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

I get how enticing it is, Miles could’ve been an easy 2k from scrimmage guy if he could read/follow blocks and if he didn’t seemingly lose the ability to help out in the passing game much.

You get a guy like Bijan, Gibbs with this line and it could be a big boon.

Issue is the trade off. Taking one of those guys round 1 means you aren’t building the DL/edge back up, do it too often and you are like most teams with crappy lines pretty fast.

If they do it at 30, I’m fine with it. It can be an odd spot where the board is a lot of times. You are in the 2nd round talent pool at that point. If you think that guy can be the dude for 5 years I get it.

Will be interesting how they add to the offense, it’s their best bet at getting back to the SB. NFC is at its weakest point since the early 2000s. Don’t be dumb but suspect we’ll get a couple of more chips thrown in by Howie to this year. Can see RB at 30 is one that could be a special circumstance for him.

i just don't know if Howie has it in him to keep 30. Dude loves his second and third round picks. Feel like he'd try to get as many as possible

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Agreed.  I don't know why, but I just have this bad feeling they take Bijan at 10.

He’s super similar to McCaffrey tools-wise, which they allegedly were down to take once they had the rest of their offense in place in 2017. Specifically the OL, QB.

So I don’t think it’s as much of a “Howie will never do it thing” as it’s said to be.

Ideally though I’d imagine if he wants Bijan he’ll trade back into the teens to get another 3rd at least. Moving picks next year, finding ways to move guys like Quez, Barnett. Some way they’ll want to get back into day 3 more than two 7ths.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 4for4PhillyFan said:

Plus, if the Eagles really liked Bijan, does anyone really think they’d telegraph it by having him come in for a meeting?  It seems to be a diversion.  

I think they more met with him as an all else fails fall back plan.

Like he might be option D. 

Eagles trading back and picking up an early second and selecting Gibbs is a much more realistic possibility.....................................................................................................................................................................................

And a better idea.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

Eagles trading back and picking up an early second and selecting Gibbs is a much more realistic possibility.....................................................................................................................................................................................

And a better idea.

Unless you get him in the 2nd.  They’re not going to draft a RB in the 1st.