The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

7 minutes ago, 4for4PhillyFan said:

Plus, if the Eagles really liked Bijan, does anyone really think they’d telegraph it by having him come in for a meeting?  It seems to be a diversion.  

They have every like draft pundit saying “this will never happen”, could just be a best to do this in plain sight thing. Seems like a smokescreen that way. Pure talent he’s up there is this so so draft class if you aren’t factoring the positional values.

I don’t think they are sitting here more than a month out having him written in ink on the card ready to go even if they are willing to take him.

Just a possibility I too could see them entertaining. 4 QBs go, WA, Carter, Gonzalez, Witherspoon, Wilson go…what do they do? 

There are benefits you get from bringing him in.

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

They have every like draft pundit saying “this will never happen”, could just be a best to do this in plain sight thing. Seems like a smokescreen that way. Pure talent he’s up there is this so so draft class if you aren’t factoring the positional values.

I don’t think they are sitting here more than a month out having him written in ink on the card ready to go even if they are willing to take him.

Just a possibility I too could see them entertaining. 4 QBs go, WA, Carter, Gonzalez, Witherspoon, Wilson go…what do they do? 

There are benefits you get from bringing him in.

I just remember seeing all of the mocks last year with our 3 -1sts and then Howie made moves.  You know it’s coming.  

39 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Issue is the trade off. Taking one of those guys round 1 means you aren’t building the DL/edge back up, do it too often and you are like most teams with crappy lines pretty fast.

I'm on the no RB at 10, but given how much we already invest in the DL and we still can't afford to look elsewhere one season ? It has become a resources pit, that we are so incapable of having a "luxury" pick once. 

Just now, 4for4PhillyFan said:

What star defensive player is out there we could possibly trade one of the 1sts for?  That’s what I think is going on.  Howie is up to something.  

Made a list a couple weeks ago somewhere of the Howie special, 1 year deal guys.

Budda Baker sorta stood out as a guy I could see him trade for.

10 minutes ago, 4for4PhillyFan said:

I just remember seeing all of the mocks last year with our 3 -1sts and then Howie made moves.  You know it’s coming.  

Oh yeah, I’d be shocked if they stand pat at 10 & 30 too. Even moreso last year think all the fandom knew there was no shot they sat there with those picks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Made a list a couple weeks ago somewhere of the Howie special, 1 year deal guys.

Budda Baker sorta stood out as a guy I could see him trade for.

Oh yeah, I’d be shocked if they stand pat at 10 & 30 too. Even moreso last year think all the fandom knew there was no shot they sat there with those picks.

I’m talking more like what we did with AJB, trade and extend.  

6 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I'm on the no RB at 10, but given how much we already invest in the DL and we still can't afford to look elsewhere one season ? It has become a resources pit, that we are so incapable of having a "luxury" pick once. 

It’s a fair take, I think missing on some guys…even marginally, has really made it worse than it would be.

Like Barnett never surpassing an NFL journeymen level, some injuries like Timmy Jernigan that kinda ended him, losing their depth because those top guys needed paid. Even just like Milton not showing up most the year, makes it insecure at the moment. On top of potentially shifting the scope of the Dline.

Nice thing is there is some solid depth this year, hope they are willing to mine there.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 4for4PhillyFan said:

What star defensive player is out there we could possibly trade one of the 1sts for?  That’s what I think is going on.  Howie is up to something.  

If hes giving up a 1st then it would most likely be a defensive lineman. Jeffery Simmons, Grady Jarrett, DeForest Buckner maybe

• Like 1

Just now, Kiltman said:

It’s a fair take, I think missing on some guys…even marginally, has really made it worse than it would be.

Like Barnett never surpassing an NFL journeymen level, some injuries like Timmy Jernigan that kinda ended him, losing their depth because those top guys needed paid. Even just like Milton not showing up most the year, makes it insecure at the moment. On top of potentially shifting the scope of the Dline.

Nice thing is there is some solid depth this year, hope they are willing to mine there.

I think that's all the more reason to have a more balanced approach, because even then you forgot to add Malik Jackson and Shareef Miller.

It's just to many resources for the output we're getting. I think it's a safer bet to try to have a assets on all three levels. Because prior to last year if a RB was not stopped in the first level, he was getting tackled for 6+ yard gains, or teams like the Giants would just 3 step drop us all game. 

I'm not for Robinson at 10, but would definitely would like to see them try something else. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UndyTaker said:

If hes giving up a 1st then it would most likely be a defensive lineman. Jeffery Simmons, Grady Jarrett, DeForest Buckner maybe

Bucs could be looking to trade players. I'd take Winfield off their hands.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 4for4PhillyFan said:

I’m talking more like what we did with AJB, trade and extend.  

Yeah I getcha, Budda wouldn’t cost as much but would be another trade and sign.

Like @UndyTaker said Jeffrey Simmons was another guy that was on that list that was more in that AJ Brown zone.

• Like 1