The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

4 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Yup I wonder if 30 overall gets it done considering he is on last year of deal.

If it can and Howie can manage the cap with his deal, I do this every single time and don't think twice.

Edited by Swoop

2 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Simmons.

Then sign Byard when he's cut.

Then go win the Super Bowl 

Simmons is gonna want a big fat extension.  If we didn't have so many holes to fill, I would consider it, but can't send picks for a guy and pay big money again.  Won't be enough team around him.

I was listening to some draft stuff, and they brought up Lamar.

I kinda forgot you could wait til after the draft to sign him to an offer sheet and trade for him.

Which if you are the Colts, why not do that?
Take one of those defenders or trade the pick to someone wanting to come up for them, and take one of the OTs. Steichen and Lamar would be fun. 

4 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I was listening to some draft stuff, and they brought up Lamar.

I kinda forgot you could wait til after the draft to sign him to an offer sheet and trade for him.

Which if you are the Colts, why not do that?
Take one of those defenders or trade the pick to someone wanting to come up for them, and take one of the OTs. Steichen and Lamar would be fun. 

That would be the smart play by the Colts.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I wonder if Howie tries to package some next year picks to get something this year.

I suspect that to be the case.  Move down with one of our firsts and then move up with some of next years.  

I won’t entertain the idea of packaging up to get Will Anderson.  I refuse to even go there.  

2 minutes ago, 4for4PhillyFan said:

I suspect that to be the case.  Move down with one of our firsts and then move up with some of next years.  

I won’t entertain the idea of packaging up to get Will Anderson.  I refuse to even go there.  

Agreed.  This draft, we need quantity more than quality.

Next year is the quality more than quantity draft.

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

I wonder if Howie tries to package some next year picks to get something this year.

Thats what Ive been thinking. You cant really trade up with just 5 picks in a draft. But, I expect him to use some of next years picks to move around. 

19 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Not much quantity to be had with our picks and not much quality either.  I can see them continuing to pick up future 1sts until that must have, blue chipper is within reach.  I don’t see him again this year.  Maybe Will Anderson, but that’s not happening.  

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, downundermike said:

While I do agree, we seem to do much better with the quality over quantity drafts, despite sucking at drafting we seem to do better then.

Also I don't trust us with development yet, so I always want us to trade up (better prospect) than trade down. Which is also counter intuitive of how the draft works. 

• Like 1