The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

Just now, Scalamania said:

I don't even think #10 is close to getting a deal done - think it would take two FRPs along with some other assets; but you're right, we aren't getting Simmons, the asking price is going to be high and the contract is going to be gigantic, IMO. 

It depends if they are actually shopping him or not. If they are actively trying to move on I'd say value similar to the AJ Brown deal is probably enough. #10 and #94 is better value than what they traded AJ for although similar.  If they are doing the "we are open to offers" thing then ya 2 FRP's is gunna be the asking price.

I don't think they are trading Simmons regardless. They will probably punt this year away and look to resign him long term. Letting players like him walk is just bad business.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Gonna be a 3 headed monster of Sermon, Gainwell and Penny.  I kinda like it, keep Penny fresh for end of season, he is explosive when healthy.

ESP has hinted that the Eagles really like him and basically red shirted him last year.  

1 hour ago, 4for4PhillyFan said:

Hey man.  Hope you’ve been good.  Draft in one month.  Get your sharpies and bourbon ready.  

I've been going through bottles and bottles lol. I'm ready! Looking forward to Howie trading one of them

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 4for4PhillyFan said:

LOL.  Saw that.  Pretty odd Hill for the Eagles.  But whatever 

They need to just un-retire every jersey #. Putting the dudes jersey in a nice display case for all at the stadium to see should be enough. You don't need to make it so nobody else can ever use that # again. Reggie White is awesome, but it someone wants to wear 92, they should be able to. If someone idolized Brian Dawkins (or even if they didn't) and coincidentally get drafted by the Eagles, they should be able to wear #20. Or number 00. 

Put up another statue if these guys mean so much (and we should have a B Dawk statue right next to Nick and Doug!). Let other people wear their #s.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

They need to just un-retire every jersey #. Putting the dudes jersey in a nice display case for all at the stadium to see should be enough. You don't need to make it so nobody else can ever use that # again. Reggie White is awesome, but it someone wants to wear 92, they should be able to. If someone idolized Brian Dawkins (or even if they didn't) and coincidentally get drafted by the Eagles, they should be able to wear #20. Or number 00. 

Put up another statue if these guys mean so much (and we should have a B Dawk statue right next to Nick and Doug!). Let other people wear their #s.

Agreed.

Dawk is my favorite player, grew up with Reggie, but players should be able to wear those numbers.  I don't think K'Von Wallace should wear 20, but if we drafted the next Dawk, or Ed Reed, let them carry on that legacy.

The only number that should not be worn again for the Eagles IMO is #60.

• Like 1