The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

23 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Greg Cossel really seems to like Nick Morrow and likes Edmunds as a starting safety with certain responsibilities. Was nice to hear him say good things about each of them. If you've ever listened to Greg before, he's not exactly one to hold punches.

Scratch that. Think I found it. 

Edited by EaglesFlySBChampsHigh

1 hour ago, Scalamania said:

I think they're waiting to see what happens with Lamar's guarantees and they're all wise to do so; the money for them isn't going anywhere so there's no reason to rush into a deal when there's something pending that could majorly impact them. 

Looks like Herbert is not waiting, and will set the market himself.

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

I bet Herbert get his deal done first, then Burrow.  I think Hurts will wait on Lamar's deal due to the skillset match.

I can't see Howie letting Hurts go past LaMar at this point.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I am sure Howie want's to get it done ASAP, but Hurts has an agent, and agents always push for every dollar.

There've been rumblings of Howie and Hurts' camp being on the same general page. Whereas Lamar and the Ravens don't know what the actual f is going on.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

There've been rumblings of Howie and Hurts' camp being on the same general page. Whereas Lamar and the Ravens don't know what the actual f is going on.

I would put that on Lamar at this point.  Be interesting to see how he pivots when Herby, Burrow and Hurts do not get a fully guaranteed deal like Watson.

None of the QBs are going to want to ink their deal first. The only one who potentially would is Burrow cause he will most likely get the most money. If I had to guess Herbert and Hurts will get similar deals and Burrow's will top them both. Lamar looks like he will be left behind the curve imo. No QB needy teams seem interested in him to this point which is killing his value.

2 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

None of the QBs are going to want to ink their deal first. The only one who potentially would is Burrow cause he will most likely get the most money. If I had to guess Herbert and Hurts will get similar deals and Burrow's will top them both. Lamar looks like he will be left behind the curve imo. No QB needy teams seem interested in him to this point which is killing his value.

Seems like the QB needy teams may be waiting till after the draft so they don't have to give up this years picks cause of the tag he received. Which is smart if you got an almost complete roster. Finish off the other pieces in the draft this year, get Lamar and give up future picks. 

11 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Seems like the QB needy teams may be waiting till after the draft so they don't have to give up this years picks cause of the tag he received. Which is smart if you got an almost complete roster. Finish off the other pieces in the draft this year, get Lamar and give up future picks. 

That could be a negative for the Eagles if Hurts is in fact waiting on the Lamar deal to get done.