The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We have a new GM / HC though, this is their second draft. The reporter that said we aren't considering Carter has a track record for being wrong. I don't think we'd use one of our top 30 visits with him if we had already taken him off of our board completely. 

You could take him off your board after meeting him ar your top 30

Just now, ninjapirate said:

You could take him off your board after meeting him ar your top 30

This same reporter has also broken the news that we weren't trading Khalil Mack, weren't hiring Josh McDaniels, weren't trading for Davante Adams. Based on him saying that we've taken him off of our board, it means that we're most likely trading up for him.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Ryan Neal anyone? Seahawks withdrew his tender earlier today. Would be a great guy to throw into the safety mix.

Yeah. This guy brought him to my attention earlier in the offseason.

Also I agree with him on this. PFF grades get kinda wacky.

Neal was PFF’s 4th highest graded safety (min. 500 snaps) behind only Kyle Hamilton, Minkah Fitzpatrick and Kamren Curl.

Also,@IrishHooligan00’s boy McLeod was  their 7th highest graded.

I don't for a second think Edmonds and Evans would stop Howie from acquiring Neal if Desai wanted him and the deal was team friendly. 

All safeties battle it out in camp! 

Edited by Nabbs4u

8 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah. This guy brought him to my attention earlier in the offseason.

Also I agree with him on this. PFF grades get kinda wacky.

Neal was PFF’s 4th highest graded safety (min. 500 snaps) behind only Kyle Hamilton, Minkah Fitzpatrick and Kamren Curl.

Also,@IrishHooligan00’s boy McLeod was  their 7th highest graded.

Yeah that was the same Twitter guy who introduced me to Neal as well. Would love the signing. I got the itch for a few more signings.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

Well we were coming off a SB high, 🤷‍♂️

Fair.

He also was cut at the beginning of camp on August 6th, so didn't really get much of a chance to hear about him.

3 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Yeah that was the same Twitter guy who introduced me to Neal as well. Would love the signing. I got the itch for a few more signings.

Yeah, I think signing Neal would mean we don't need to force safety too early if we don't love a prospect and their value at whatever selection.

• Like 1