The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

2 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Yeah gannon needs to go. Andy Reid destroyed him last night really made him pay for playing so much man coverage. Gannon just never adjusted.

His inability to adjust is just pitiful to watch. He either haymakers you out the gate or just tries to slow burn you doing the same thing. Hoping the depth eventually gets it to work.

Pissed this morning.  Did not want to be discussing the off season after a loss.

A lot of change coming.  Both coordinators probably moving on, could be several retirements, and a lot of changes on the defensive side of the ball.

Also some interesting cap dynamics with Graham and Kelce ( if he decides not to retire )

I consider myself a cap guru, and love to get into the nitty gritty of the cap, so if you have questions I feel like I can answer most cap things, and if I need to find an answer, my buddy Jason at OTC responds to my emails pretty quickly.

My sports world the past 12 months.

UNC Hoops- Great year, choked at the end.

Phillies- Great year, choked at the end. 

Volunteers Football- Great year, just not enough.

Eagles Football- Great year, choked at the end. 

Sixers- Yeah, well we know how that's going to end. 

Flyers- Better than expected, still not good.  

I have some concerns for next season. 

We are going to lose a ton of talent, we are going to lose coaching, we were uncharacteristically healthy almost the entire season. The cap is shrinking with Jalen's presumed new deal. Teams usually have a bad year after a SB loss.

Just gotta hope we can nail the draft and work on getting back within the next couple of years. This one stings.

30 minutes ago, Swoop said:

We are going to lose a ton of talent, we are going to lose coaching, we were uncharacteristically healthy almost the entire season. The cap is shrinking with Jalen's presumed new deal. Teams usually have a bad year after a SB loss.

Just gotta hope we can nail the draft and work on getting back within the next couple of years. This one stings.

Will have a tougher schedule next year too. I believe we go to KC and host the Bills

40 minutes ago, Swoop said:

This was our year to win it… makes me nauseous whenever I think about last night 

22 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Will have a tougher schedule next year too. I believe we go to KC and host the Bills

Yep. Aside from the division we got…

Home

• Cardinals
  • Niners
  • Bills
  • Dolphins
  • Vikings

Away

• at Rams
  • at Seahawks
  • at Jets
  • at Pats
  • at KC
  • at Tampa Bay

30 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Yep.  Hopefully the Eagles did not miss their 1 opportunity with this group.  

Changes are coming, hopefully another opportunity to win it all will present itself, but I fear this was the best opportunity.

17 minutes ago, Wentz you dog you said:
22 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yep. Aside from the division we got…

Home

• Cardinals
  • Niners
  • Bills
  • Dolphins
  • Vikings

Away

• at Rams
  • at Seahawks
  • at Jets
  • at Pats
  • at KC
  • at Tampa Bay

Woof…. Just brutal man

I don't really think it's that bad. Compared to the last 2 years, yeah, but Bills, SF, and KC are really the only juggernauts. Maybe Miami depending what happens at QB.

Cards? Vikes? Rams? Seattle? Jets? Pats? TB w/o Brady? I'll take those games. And we get Buf and SF at home. Beating KC in KC would feel really nice. I wonder if that particular schedule nugget makes Kelce more likely to come back for 1 more season...

40 minutes ago, downundermike1 said:

Yep.  Hopefully the Eagles did not miss their 1 opportunity with this group.  

Changes are coming, hopefully another opportunity to win it all will present itself, but I fear this was the best opportunity.

Which teams still have their 1 opportunity?  Is it only the teams with QB's on rookie deals that have yet to make the SB?

If Howie is as good as this forum and the media says he is- and Jalen Hurts actually improves a little bit more as a passer? Our next opportunity is every year until Hurts rushing ability falls off.

Howie does need to nail this draft if we want to get back before Lane hangs em up in 2 years though.

Besides DeVonta, Landon, and maybe Jurgens and Nakobe- we got nobody good on a rookie contract.

Edited by Jeezla