The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

41 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Jalen Carter “broke” a blocking sled according to Spuds. 

Eagles’ propaganda boy, so raised eyebrow.

Unabashedly though, can’t wait to see him every time a news tidbit drops

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Danger said:

That's got to be a good sign for Nakobe. Or is it that also a thing for like the 2nd team guys?

He was running with the first team at MLB with Morrow at WLB. Apparently, Morrow had a lot of compliments for Dean. I'm really interested to see how well the linebackers play that are currently on the squad. Also, Elliss made a leaping interception off of Mariota. I think it was Reuben and whoever on their podcast but they were saying good things about Ellis. It'll be interesting to see how everyone plays in training camp/preseason and if they look to add a piece there.

I feel like Davion Taylor's gonna be an odd man out this year. Doesn't seem to be much need for him.

Another thing. I feel like we also are likely to bring in another EDGE at somepoint whether it's before the season starts or part way through. When your #3 pure EDGE guy is Derek Barnett, that's a cause for concern IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danger said:

I feel like Davion Taylor's gonna be an odd man out this year. Doesn't seem to be much need for him.

Another thing. I feel like we also are likely to bring in another EDGE at somepoint whether it's before the season starts or part way through. When your #3 pure EDGE guy is Derek Barnett, that's a cause for concern IMO.

Agreed. Luckily enough, there’s plenty of solid vets to be had right now. Not sure why they’re not getting their offers unless they think they can pull the Suh deal where they just come in after the training camp grind. But plenty of good vets to come in and add to the rotation. 

20 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Agreed. Luckily enough, there’s plenty of solid vets to be had right now. Not sure why they’re not getting their offers unless they think they can pull the Suh deal where they just come in after the training camp grind. But plenty of good vets to come in and add to the rotation. 

The four vets I'm looking at the most are

Suh, Ngakoue, Myles Jack, and DeAndre Hopkins

Any of those guys would be seriously useful. Maybe another lower tier vet WR could also be good for depth. Julio is mostly washed but if he can just make a few good plays.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Danger said:

Taylor was an odd man out last season so ya he definitely isn't going to be a factor this year. He was on the practice squad last year, not sure if he even does that this year.

I think they want another DE as well, but we will have to wait and see. Ngakoe makes a lot of sense to me, but will depend on price or if they want to make other moves.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

The four vets I'm looking at the most are

Suh, Ngakoue, Myles Jack, and DeAndre Hopkins

Any of those guys would be seriously useful. Maybe another lower tier vet WR could also be good for depth. Julio is mostly washed but if he can just make a few good plays.

I want Hopkins if he is willing to take a one year deal. Our offense would be legit unstoppable.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2023 at 9:00 PM, Danger said:

That's got to be a good sign for Nakobe. Or is it that also a thing for like the 2nd team guys?

Nakobe called  UGAs defense from the field. I think he will be very successful with the green dot. He is a mechanical engineer so probably the smartest guy on the field every times he's out there.

• Like 1

Crazy to think last time #Eagles had atleast 3 players drafted by them and on team for 10 years or more 

1982- Carmichael, Bunting, Morriss, Sisemore, Logan 

1993-Randall, Waters, Hopkins

2008- Donovan, Dawkins, Tra 

2022/23- BG, Fletcher, Lane, Kelce

• Like 1

Hard to believe we are were we are, 4 years removed from Wentz signing his $128M deal.

Obviously a mistake in hindsight but hell of a turn around by Howie and this current  staff afterwards! 🥃

Edited by Nabbs4u

11 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Hard to believe we are were we are, 4 years removed from Wentz signing his $128M deal.

Obviously a mistake in hindsight but hell of a turn around by Howie and this current  staff afterwards! 🥃

Nah. Fire Howie. 

• Like 2