The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

2 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Personal QB coach. Enough said. That's part of his job to hype and spew out stuff like this and hype up his guy. You wouldn't do the same for your QB?

Why would I be upset? That makes zero sense. You might get bent out of shape over forum talk but not all of us do. I'm just telling you that you're taking something Seattle has said and running with it. Where's all the Eagle guys talking? I'm only seeing you talk about guys that like Russell

We got our coach hyping up Quez Watkins. Like c'mon dude that's what they do. Hype, spew bs and give us false info majority of the time

Why would the Eagles confirm the deal was in place after the season Hurts just had??  That would undermine their QB who they just paid.

To many people close to the situation have confirmed it for it to be BS.

And what does Seattle have to gain by it coming out now ??  Wilson is gone and they got a boatload of picks for him.

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Why would the Eagles confirm the deal was in place after the season Hurts just had??  That would undermine their QB who they just paid.

To many people close to the situation have confirmed it for it to be BS.

And what does Seattle have to gain by it coming out now ??  Wilson is gone and they got a boatload of picks for him.

Why would any team do it should be the question. Why would I want to continue to do business with you in the future if you're gonna leak out our failed traded. Makes zero sense

You keep saying his personal QB coach. That's enough said. No one's doubting Howie called. We have no idea how far that actually got though. That's why most of us love Howie he checks in with every team about every player. He just said this in an interview. He never wants to look back and say I should've did my job better and seen that player was available. He doesn't wanna miss out on a potential deal. Key word though is deal as in the Howie special. Not 7 first rounders, Jalen hurts and 6 players like the broncos did. He's not stupid and you know this deep down 

Heading to bed. We can continue tomorrow if you want. 

Edited by EaglesFlySBChampsHigh

2 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Why would any team do it should be the question. Why would I want to continue to do business with you in the future if you're gonna leak out our failed traded. Makes zero sense

You keep saying his personal QB coach. That's enough said. No one's doubting Howie called. We have no idea how far that actually got though. That's why most of us love Howie he checks in with every team about every player. He just said this in an interview. He never wants to look back and say I should've did my job better and seen that player was available. He doesn't wanna miss out on a potential deal. Key word though is deal as in the Howie special. Not 7 first rounders, Jalen hurts and 6 players like the broncos did. He's not stupid and you know this deep down 

Heading to bed. We can continue tomorrow if you want. 

We do know, many folks have confirmed that Washington and Philadelphia made an official offer, Seattle accepted and it was veto’d by Wilson.

Just accept Howie was saved from making a mistake by Wilson saying no.

It is OK, Howie won’t think less of you, and still won’t send you a Christmas card.

9 hours ago, downundermike said:

We do know, many folks have confirmed that Washington and Philadelphia made an official offer, Seattle accepted and it was veto’d by Wilson.

Just accept Howie was saved from making a mistake by Wilson saying no.

It is OK, Howie won’t think less of you, and still won’t send you a Christmas card.

You're just ignoring tons of words and sentences. I offer you 1 potato chip could've been an offer. No one knows the exact details except a very very select handful and it's not his personal QB trainer. Can't believe we're even discussing that. 

My personal mechanic says the moon's gonna high five the earth next week. It's gotta be true since he said it 😂

Howie hasn't been saved by a stupid rumor. Howie was saved when he helped in the SB Win. Doubled down again after another SB appearance. Triple down on an epic draft and off season yet again. 1 thing isn't bringing Howie down as much as you'd like it. 

Think you meant happy holidays. It's rude to assume. He did send me a happy holidays card 🤣

https://www.google.com/amp/s/heavy.com/sports/philadelphia-eagles/derrick-henry-akbar-gbajabiamila/amp/

Akbar said his rumor was from a credible source. Do we just have to assume it's the truth because he's telling it true? 

Edited by EaglesFlySBChampsHigh

3 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

@downundermikeWell just agree to disagree. 

When someone actually credible comes forward my mind will change on it. 

GM's are never going to come out and talk about trades that did not happen.

If it got to the stage that Wilson said no to the Commanders and Eagles offers, they were serious enough offers for the Seahawks to the approach Wilson for a yes or no.

I still do not understand why you are so upset about this, it did not happen, but it was on the verge of happening.

Trust me, it really is OK to say something negative about the Eagles, Howie and any other part of the team.  It does not impact my fandom, I am still lathered up and ready every gameday, but can also point out flaws with the team.  If the Eagles and Howie were perfect, as you insist they are, there would be more than 1 trophy in the case.

15 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

That's what Mike does. It's low key bashing. His history is clear as day

If that is true then you are the exact opposite. Feeling the need to come out and defend even "low key bashing". When calling a pick lucky is nothing of the sort as we have confirmed what Danger said. 

• Like 2

Some of y'all need to realize especially in football, even the best make mistakes at times. But let's not also be absolute apologists. Criticize individual missteps but don't completely discount everything else those people have done.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Some of y'all need to realize especially in football, even the best make mistakes at times. But let's not also be absolute apologists. Criticize individual missteps but don't completely discount everything else those people have done.

I gave plenty of credit for the last draft, all I said is as good as it looks on paper, these guys still have to produce.

Last years draft has potential, but these guys still have to produce.

The Smitty / Dickerson draft was a win.

Not sure why discussing Howie trying to get Wilson last year is such a sore spot for some folks.

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I gave plenty of credit for the last draft, all I said is as good as it looks on paper, these guys still have to produce.

Last years draft has potential, but these guys still have to produce.

The Smitty / Dickerson draft was a win.

Not sure why discussing Howie trying to get Wilson last year is such a sore spot for some folks.

I thought it was a bad idea at the time. Dude did not feel like he'd be worth both the draft compensation and contract he was going to get. Though, I don't think anyone thought he'd be .... that bad.

14 minutes ago, Danger said:

I thought it was a bad idea at the time. Dude did not feel like he'd be worth both the draft compensation and contract he was going to get. Though, I don't think anyone thought he'd be .... that bad.

Wilson was clearly declining at that point, and I would not have been a fan of the deal, but, does not mean that Howie did not try and get him.

This entire discussion goes back to, looking at the draft as a whole, calling the Hurts pick luck over skill.  Based on the fact that they tried to get another QB before last season, it is obvious the Eagles did not think they had gotten it right.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Danger said:

Not to mention the guy isn't exactly young at this point, I wouldn't have liked to kick the can down the road in terms of finding a FQB. Lucky for us he declined it. 

• Like 2