The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

I don't really think it's that bad. Compared to the last 2 years, yeah, but Bills, SF, and KC are really the only juggernauts. Maybe Miami depending what happens at QB.

Cards? Vikes? Rams? Seattle? Jets? Pats? TB w/o Brady? I'll take those games. And we get Buf and SF at home. Beating KC in KC would feel really nice. I wonder if that particular schedule nugget makes Kelce more likely to come back for 1 more season...

Not unwinnable, and you look at what we did this year if they can just go even in those big games we should be in a good spot in the NFC.

5 hours ago, 4for4PhillyFan said:

My sports world the past 12 months.

UNC Hoops- Great year, choked at the end.

Phillies- Great year, choked at the end. 

Volunteers Football- Great year, just not enough.

Eagles Football- Great year, choked at the end. 

Sixers- Yeah, well we know how that's going to end. 

Flyers- Better than expected, still not good.  

I'll still take this over 3 out of 4 (or heck all 4) teams being utterly inept. And I still hold onto SB LII to cope after this one LOL. Got a few more years before the luster wears off that one IMO lol.

11 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Not unwinnable, and you look at what we did this year if they can just go even in those big games we should be in a good spot in the NFC.

We're going to lose some good players (and coaches), but every team is going to have turnover and 4 or 5+ new starters. I'm confident that Nick and our next OC at least keep the offense humming. The defense as a whole and the sack #'s are definitely taking a step back next season, but the O could get even better with a Quez upgrade here and a new RB there.

And we still got Stout.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

Just now, Jeezla said:

We're going to lose some good players, but every team is going to have turnover and 4 or 5+ new starters. I'm confident that Nick and our next OC at least keep the offense humming. The defense as a whole and the sack #'s are definitely taking a step back next season, but the O could get even better with a Quez upgrade here and a new RB there.

Yeah if they nail the pick in the 2nd or 3rd on a Rookie RB, it could really mitigate any losses. Miles had a good year, but can easily imagine someone coming in and doing way more with the 4 lane highways the oline was opening up.

Quez upgrade shouldn’t be too hard. If you end the year with more notable bad plays than good plays, not great.

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah if they nail the pick in the 2nd or 3rd on a Rookie RB, it could really mitigate any losses. Miles had a good year, but can easily imagine someone coming in and doing way more with the 4 lane highways the oline was opening up.

Quez upgrade shouldn’t be too hard. If you end the year with more notable bad plays than good plays, not great.

Always seemed like our QB's never trusted Miles as a receiving target, so Gainwell and another RB like Charbonnet/Abanikanda/Spears that can also catch the ball reliably would open the offense up even more/make it less obvious we are throwing to AJ/DeVonta/Dallas.

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

Always seemed like our QB's never trusted Miles as a receiving target, so Gainwell and another RB like Charbonnet/Abanikanda/Spears that can also catch the ball reliably would open the offense up even more/make it less obvious we are throwing to AJ/DeVonta/Dallas.

Also was an issue min pass pro. He got better but yeah room for improvement there too.

Old regime would be all over Bijan, can’t imagine Howie taking him even if he’s there at the end of round one.

Remember reading that his blocking was an X factor that some people thought might get him a bump.

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Also was an issue min pass pro. He got better but yeah room for improvement there too.

Old regime would be all over Bijan, can’t imagine Howie taking him even if he’s there at the end of round one.

Remember reading that his blocking was an X factor that some people thought might get him a bump.

I think Abanikanda is perfect for us, and I love me some Pitt Panthers. I wonder what Shady would say about Abanikanda if he was giving a scouting report on him.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I think Abanikanda is perfect for us, and I love me some Pitt Panthers. I wonder what Shady would say about Abanikanda if he was giving a scouting report on him.

Very into taking him, like how he gets upfield.

plus fun last name, and Izzy is good RB nickname. Important to scouting.

3 hours ago, Wentz you dog you said:

This was our year to win it… makes me nauseous whenever I think about last night 

This. Even if we’re as good as our 2022 version (spoiler: we won’t be. If for no other reason, because we won’t be as healthy), the tougher schedule means we’d be looking at 11-13 wins. I expect the coaching and FA losses to take a toll, so unless we actually draft an instant impact class, 9-11 wins is what I’m thinking with our BRUTAL schedule. 

All that matters really is that we make the playoffs. If Hurts continues living up to hype, then we’ll be as dangerous as any in that NFC field.

3 hours ago, Danger said:

I'll still take this over 3 out of 4 (or heck all 4) teams being utterly inept. And I still hold onto SB LII to cope after this one LOL. Got a few more years before the luster wears off that one IMO lol.

Yeah.  SB LII and age has afforded me the ability to cope better.  Not to mention disappointment and losing the big one has been ingrained in my brain.  Kind of getting used to it.  

12 hours ago, Swoop said:

Going to be a long, long off-season.

With Hurts likely getting paid and the team losing a ton of players, we're going to need Howie to hit on these picks.

Im ready for more Howie magic. We will certainly lose some. But we may have in house replacements.

For one, Im not sure we lose anything at all if we let Epps walk and replace him with Blankenship. Ditto, Edwards or White walking, and replacing them with Dean.

Keep Gardner-Johnson, and Bradberry. Suddenly, youre not losing that much.

Hargrave likely gone in that scenario. But hopefully you hit on a DT in the first 2 rounds. Can pretty much be right back at it without skipping a beat.

I have no clue how accurate Spotrac’s market value predictor is, but it seemed more realistic than OTC’s. Looking at Spotrac:

TJ Edwards- $48M/4 years

That seems pricey. He is not a plug and play talent so I don’t think this is accurate of his value. I’d re-sign him if we could work out $32M/4 year kind of deal. I like Edwards.

Javon Hargrave- $60M/3 years

Unfortunately this is probably pretty close to what he’ll demand. I don’t have a ton of faith in Davis and think we should go all in for 2023 (last year Hurts won’t be destroying cap), so I’d pay big bucks to keep him if it’s effectively no more than a 2 year deal, since he is old and heavy.

James Bradberry- $45M/3 years

We can’t invest heavily in DL and cornerback. I’d rather sign Bradberry to this and dump Slay, but that’s not realistic. Bradberry’s gone.

Isaac Seaumalo- $24M/2 years

No thanks. Would make him a top 10 highest paid guard. I’d re-sign him if he went team friendly for like $24M/3 years, but I think he’ll get that projected AAV offered by someone, and he should take it.

Miles Sanders- $14M/2 years

TYFYS.

CJGJ- $66M/5 years

Do it. He’s got to improve, but I’m more than willing to gamble on him and his development.

Brandon Graham- $5.7M/year

Yes please.

Fletcher Cox- $28M/2 years

What!? Where on earth are they getting that. Won’t get that offer from anyone. I’d sign him on another 1 year deal, this time for ~$5M.

15 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I have no clue how accurate Spotrac’s market value predictor is, but it seemed more realistic than OTC’s. Looking at Spotrac:

TJ Edwards- $48M/4 years

That seems pricey. He is not a plug and play talent so I don’t think this is accurate of his value. I’d re-sign him if we could work out $32M/4 year kind of deal. I like Edwards.

Javon Hargrave- $60M/3 years

Unfortunately this is probably pretty close to what he’ll demand. I don’t have a ton of faith in Davis and think we should go all in for 2023 (last year Hurts won’t be destroying cap), so I’d pay big bucks to keep him if it’s effectively no more than a 2 year deal, since he is old and heavy.

James Bradberry- $45M/3 years

We can’t invest heavily in DL and cornerback. I’d rather sign Bradberry to this and dump Slay, but that’s not realistic. Bradberry’s gone.

Isaac Seaumalo- $24M/2 years

No thanks. Would make him a top 10 highest paid guard. I’d re-sign him if he went team friendly for like $24M/3 years, but I think he’ll get that projected AAV offered by someone, and he should take it.

Miles Sanders- $14M/2 years

TYFYS.

CJGJ- $66M/5 years

Do it. He’s got to improve, but I’m more than willing to gamble on him and his development.

Brandon Graham- $5.7M/year

Yes please.

Fletcher Cox- $28M/2 years

What!? Where on earth are they getting that. Won’t get that offer from anyone. I’d sign him on another 1 year deal, this time for ~$5M.

At those values:

Edwards... Tough, but probably yes IMO
Hargrave sorry no
Bradberry Nah
Seumalo No
Sanders No
CGJ Yes
BG Yes
Cox No

I think Sanders, BG and CGJ get more than that.
Cox, and Seumalo less.

13 minutes ago, Danger said:

At those values:

Edwards... Tough, but probably yes IMO
Hargrave sorry no
Bradberry Nah
Seumalo No
Sanders No
CGJ Yes
BG Yes
Cox No

I think Sanders, BG and CGJ get more than that.
Cox, and Seumalo less.

I think Seumalo gets less per year but could see him signing a longer deal