Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 25 - Taco Bowl XXV Posted!)

TheKillerNacho

Hey @TheKillerNacho. Just for the sake of clarity, would it be possible to modify the league info to clarify tag use? This is from the first post:

Very high upkeep positions (4 Tags):

• Quarterback

High upkeep positions (3 Tags):

• Runningback
  • Wide Receiver
  • Offensive Tackle
  • 4-3 Defensive End
  • 3-4 Outside Linebacker
  • Cornerback

Medium upkeep positions (2 Tags):

• Tight End
  • Offensive Guard
  • Center
  • 3-4 Defensive End
  • 4-3 Outside Linebacker
  • Defensive Tackle
  • Inside Linebacker
  • Strong Safety
  • Free Safety
  • Head Coach

Low upkeep positions (1 Tag):

• Fullback
  • Kicker
  • Punter
  • Offensive Coordinator
  • Defensive Coordinator
  • Special Teams Coordinator
  • Practice Squad or Rookies*

*Rookies are considered any player who was a rookie in their last NFL season. PS players are considered any player who started in seven or less games the previous NSFL season. Only up to two PS or rookie keepers can be players who played in a game the previous NSFL season. Other PS or rookie players who played a game in the previous season will be charged by their positional price, at the position they spent the most time in during the season.

Players count as the position they spent the majority of the previous regular season as.

As was discussed last season, the part in bold needs to be clarified to read something along the lines of "tag cost" and not "position":

"Players count at the tag cost/tier they spent the majority of the previous regular season as."

I just don't want a new owner to come in, try to stagger players to save tags and find out (after the fact) that certain strategies aren't allowed. (Example: a player started for five games at 4-3 DE, five games at 3-4 OLB and six games at 4-3 OLB would still cost 3 tags, despite playing the majority of their games at a 2-tag position.)

Just a thought.

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway

29 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Hey @TheKillerNacho. Just for the sake of clarity, would it be possible to modify the league info to clarify tag use? This is from the first post:

As was discussed last season, the part in bold needs to be clarified to read something along the lines of "tag cost" and not "position":

"Players count at the tag cost/tier they spent the majority of the previous regular season as."

I just don't want a new owner to come in, try to stagger players to save tags and find out (after the fact) that certain strategies aren't allowed. (Example: a player started for five games at 4-3 DE, five games at 3-4 OLB and six games at 4-3 OLB would still cost 3 tags, despite playing the majority of their games at a 2-tag position.)

Just a thought.

ok

38 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Just a thought.

@TheKillerNacho Bc I remember there being an entire discussion about this last season

Does Travis Kelce count as 2 tags or 3?

He spent the entirety of the last season as a TE but I remember getting f'd during the offseason bc someone started him as a WR several seasons ago and the WR equivalent tags remained.

Edited by Daboyle

4 minutes ago, Daboyle said:

@TheKillerNacho Bc I remember there being an entire discussion about this last season

He spent the entirety of the last season as a TE but I remember getting f'd during the offseason bc someone started him as a WR several seasons ago and the WR equivalent tags remained.

still 3

players cannot cost less than what they cost the year before except by hitting the draft.

16 minutes ago, Daboyle said:

Yeah, once elevated, a tag cost cannot go down unless that player is redrafted.

I'm more referring to a hypothetical situation where a player, say, Parsons (2 tag keeper) plays five games at 4-3 DE, five games at 3-4 OLB and six games at inside linebacker. Technically, he played the majority of his games at a 2 tag position (inside linebacker), but also played 10 total games at edge. It was said last year that he'd cost 3 tags, but the rules seem to imply otherwise. (Having him cost 3 tags makes sense in that scenario.)