Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 25 - Taco Bowl XXV Posted!)

TheKillerNacho

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

i see we are to the taking clearly retired players portion of the draft

While I agree DeCastro is almost certainly effectively retired, for clarity and ease of administration, a player is only considered retired in the NSFL in one of two scenarios:

1. It's been at least 2 full years since the player was active. This includes not just being on an NFL roster, but also other professional sports leagues (a player playing in the CFL, for instance, would be eligible - but only if they previously played in the NFL), attempts to join a professional football roster (for instance, reported tryouts even if they did not result in being signed), and even reported statements from that player in which they state themselves they don't consider themselves retired.

2. It is reported that the player is definitely retired (including they themselves declaring themselves retired). Moreover, players who retire in this fashion following an NFL season are not typically removed from the player pool until the second "Summer" NSFL season when rookies are added (like S25; for instance, assuming Brady stays retired, this will be his final season of NSFL eligibility). The only time a player is removed from the player pool during a Winter season (like this one) is if they retired at a point after being selected in the previous NSFL season.

Despite this, please also note that there is a sharp attribute penalty for players who missed games during the season including if they sat the season out, so there's also that.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

While I agree DeCastro is almost certainly effectively retired, for clarity and ease of administration, a player is only considered retired in the NSFL in one of two scenarios:

1. It's been at least 2 full years since the player was active. This includes not just being on an NFL roster, but also other professional sports leagues (a player playing in the CFL, for instance, would be eligible - but only if they previously played in the NFL), attempts to join a professional football roster (for instance, reported tryouts even if they did not result in being signed), and even reported statements from that player in which they state themselves they don't consider themselves retired.

2. It is reported that the player is definitely retired (including they themselves declaring themselves retired). Moreover, players who retire in this fashion following an NFL season are not typically removed from the player pool until the second "Summer" NSFL season when rookies are added (like S25; for instance, assuming Brady stays retired, this will be his final season of NSFL eligibility). The only time a player is removed from the player pool during a Winter season (like this one) is if they retired at a point after being selected in the previous NSFL season.

Despite this, please also note that there is a sharp attribute penalty for players who missed games during the season including if they sat the season out, so there's also that.

Not judging. Just more a, we're to the retired guys are better than active ones section comment

• Like 1

DE: Danielle Hunter (MIN), Robert Quinn (PHI)
DT: Aaron Donald (LAR), Randy Gregory (DEN)
OLB: Haason Reddick (PHI), Justin Houston (BAL)
MLB: Darrell Taylor (SEA)
CB: Xavien Howard (MIA), J.C. Jackson (LAC)
SS: Adrian Phillips (NE)
FS: Tariq Woolen (SEA)

We are getting pressure up the as every down. 

2 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Some teams horde positions once they've rounded out their roster.

Then there's those who like to waste 9th* round picks.

Ahem…

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

Also we are apparantly at the hoarding kickers place in the draft for reasons I'm unsure of

Really, though?

I think kickers are criminally underrated around here. So many games come down to the wire, and a great kicker makes a huge difference.

I have three extra spots on my PS and I won't have much wiggle room with tags next season. If I can grab (what I feel are) three of the top five kickers (Tucker and Carlson being the first two), I think that may hinder other teams this season.

I guess time will tell.

2 hours ago, El Ramster said:

DE: Danielle Hunter (MIN), Robert Quinn (PHI)
DT: Aaron Donald (LAR), Randy Gregory (DEN)
OLB: Haason Reddick (PHI), Justin Houston (BAL)
MLB: Darrell Taylor (SEA)
CB: Xavien Howard (MIA), J.C. Jackson (LAC)
SS: Adrian Phillips (NE)
FS: Tariq Woolen (SEA)

We are getting pressure up the as every down. 

Who’s actually playing Linebacker?

I don’t make the rules. And I can’t be certain of the settings. But I hope your D gets shredded.

• Like 1