Week 13 GDT: Wentzlvania Tuddy Hoofers (10-1) vs the Seattle Legion of Boo- Boos (7-4)

EaglesPeteC

30 minutes ago, 808 said:

Unfortunately for us they didn't get made. Despite a loosely categorized "up-and-down performance" from Wentz, that game is viewed as a Wentz dud by pretty much every one outside of Eagles circles. Wilson was indeed magical, especially on 3rd down, and has now risen to or above Wentz in the MVP conversation by mainstream fans and media.

That's because it was a dud by Wentz.  We can say it was only a couple of missed throws, but those are throws that he has to make if you want to claim he is an elite QB.  Against good defenses you aren't given a whole lot of opportunities, so when you have WIDE OPEN ones, you need to punish them.  

7 minutes ago, BLick12 said:

That's because it was a dud by Wentz.  We can say it was only a couple of missed throws, but those are throws that he has to make if you want to claim he is an elite QB.  Against good defenses you aren't given a whole lot of opportunities, so when you have WIDE OPEN ones, you need to punish them.  

That's fair, he did need to throw a better ball twice to Agholor. He made up for one with that amazing throw going to the ground late, but threw into double coverage on the late INT as well.

I'm not saying Wentz is free from criticism on SNF. He gets a lot of praise when the team wins, so he probably should take a lot blame when they lose.

I wonder if Carson was not 100% after that huge hit he took when he slid ... He was also bodyslammed pretty hard and refs didn't call  crap.  I dont mid when the refs let them play , like no calling holding  for most game against Olines .... but just call it same both ways .  Makes for a much better game then flags every 2 min 

49 minutes ago, GreenMean69 said:

I wonder if Carson was not 100% after that huge hit he took when he slid ... He was also bodyslammed pretty hard and refs didn't call  crap.  I dont mid when the refs let them play , like no calling holding  for most game against Olines .... but just call it same both ways .  Makes for a much better game then flags every 2 min 

He might have felt the hits. That Seattle defense definitely rented space in his head. The hits are part of that.

Our players do too many "gray area" stuff on defense that could result in flags. Just stop grabbing receivers, even if it's nearly inconsequential!

Archived