Rate this Trade that Will NEVER happen

PrplChilPill

to be clear, this trade MIGHT happen in an alternate universe, but not this one. I'm not interested in discussing if it is realistic.....

IF this did happen, how would you feel?

Las Vegas gets:

Cousins, Cook, Thielen, MN 4th and 5th the next two years. (note, not sure MN has those picks, but whatever)

MN gets:

LV picks in rounds 1-3 the next two years. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jonnguy2015 said:

Why would the Raiders ever offer that? If I'm the Vikings GM, I accept and submit it to the league office as soon as I can so they can't change their minds

Ya, the original deal in my head was more like next year's 234.....So, too one sided? Oh well, was hoping for some discussion ....

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

How about this one;

Chicago sends
- 2023 1st (1st overall)
- 2023 3rd (65th overall)
- 2024 1st
- 2024 2nd

Minnesota sends
- Justin Jefferson

I think I turn that down. Another 1st might do it for me, but he's the offense right now. 

29 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

How about this one;

Chicago sends
- 2023 1st (1st overall)
- 2023 3rd (65th overall)
- 2024 1st
- 2024 2nd

Minnesota sends
- Justin Jefferson

I do it immediately and without a second thought.  Having a great WR is cool but that certainly doesn’t mean anything when you get into the upper echelon of great/elite teams. The QB matters a whole lot more. 

I take this trade 100% of the time.

Edited by Morlee
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

to be clear, this trade MIGHT happen in an alternate universe, but not this one. I'm not interested in discussing if it is realistic.....

IF this did happen, how would you feel?

Las Vegas gets:

Cousins, Cook, Thielen, MN 4th and 5th the next two years. (note, not sure MN has those picks, but whatever)

MN gets:

LV picks in rounds 1-3 the next two years. 

I think Vegas turns that down. They'd probably do 1-3 this year and the next year's 2nd. Cook's contract is a monster, and you are only getting one year of Cousins. That's mortgaging the future in a division with 5 consecutive time AFC championship host and an emerging Chargers team.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Morlee said:

I do it immediately and without a second thought.  Having a great WR is cool but that certainly doesn’t mean anything when you get into the upper echelon of great/elite teams. The QB matters a whole lot more. 

I take this trade 100% of the time.

If I was convinced that Bryce Young was a generational QB I would, but I'm not. I would definitely do it if I knew next year's 1st was going to be #1 overall and I could get Caleb Williams.

4 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I think Vegas turns that down. They'd probably do 1-3 this year and the next year's 2nd. Cook's contract is a monster, and you are only getting one year of Cousins. That's mortgaging the future in a division with 5 consecutive time AFC championship host and an emerging Chargers team.

That is why I threw in the extra MN picks. I would expect LV to extend Cousins. I'm not sure how LV competes any time soon, unless they get veterans. The novelty will wear off soon, I'd think.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

If I was convinced that Bryce Young was a generational QB I would, but I'm not. I would definitely do it if I knew next year's 1st was going to be #1 overall and I could get Caleb Williams.

I agree. Not sure in Young but Williams looks to be Lawrence, Luck, Manning level.  Prospect wise.

I like Stroud the most anyway 

Edited by Morlee