Where's Jalen Hurts right now in your QB rankings heading into the 2023 season?

notthatbluestuff

10 hours ago, Ozzy said:
Just now, Ozzy said:

Fantasy Land?  No it is the reality, the Eagles had the best roster in football this past year, did you not see who are all free agents coming up  That roster will not look like that next year and then we will see just how good or not so good Hurts is.  They got two 1st round picks which will help and a 2nd, but they need to be big time hits.

That is like calling Baker Mayfield a great QB a few years back when noooo he was on a freaking great roster with a great OL, RBs, TEs etc.  What is around him makes him look better than he is, take that away and take away the productive QB.  If Jalen Hurts and the Eagles get back to the Super Bowl and win next year then yes I was wrong about him and maybe he deserves to be ranked as highly as some around here put him.  

I must have missed when Baker went 15-1 as a starter, played at an MVP level, or had 370 yards / 4 TD in the Super Bowl. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I must have missed when Baker went 15-1 as a starter, played at an MVP level, or had 370 yards / 4 TD in the Super Bowl. 

True but take AJ Brown off the Eagles and see how good he is, dude is easily one of the hardest WRs to cover in the NFL, legit slot ability and quickness and is built like a tank or take Hall of Fame center Kelce off that line see how good the power run game is.  And clearly one can see what happens when the D does not play great and that is with all those dudes, now 8 of the 11 starters on D are free agents.  

Will be interesting to see what happens with that roster, is almost impossible to come back the same or better next year but we will see, they still have not paid Jalen Hurts yet which benefits them greatly.  Also see how Jalen can hold up with that power QB run game, bound to get hurt similar to Lamar this past year, and Jalen did get hurt already this past season.  

31 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Fantasy Land?  No it is the reality, the Eagles had the best roster in football this past year, did you not see who are all free agents coming up  That roster will not look like that next year and then we will see just how good or not so good Hurts is.  They got two 1st round picks which will help and a 2nd, but they need to be big time hits.

Imagining what Herbert would do if he were on the Eagles or what Hurts would do on the Texans, is just that - imagination. Like, we could have fun and talk about hypotheticals, but it’s fantasy. 

31 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

That is like calling Baker Mayfield a great QB a few years back when noooo he was on a freaking great roster with a great OL, RBs, TEs etc.  What is around him makes him look better than he is, take that away and take away the productive QB.  If Jalen Hurts and the Eagles get back to the Super Bowl and win next year then yes I was wrong about him and maybe he deserves to be ranked as highly as some around here put him.  

“If the Eagles go to back to back SBs maybe I’m wrong, otherwise I’m right”

Lmao. Really giving yourself some wiggle room there. Maybe they need to go to three straight before we really know?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Overrated because he might get hurt = 2023 edition.

Yeah everyone loved Lamar Jackson also before he started to get hurt, and running QB power and sneaks what 5-10 times a game, yeah you might get hurt a little.   Go ask NFL running backs, where teams draft them in the late rounds or as UDFAs, then once the rookie deal is over draft another guy to replace them at times.

4 hours ago, Ozzy said:

True but take AJ Brown off the Eagles and see how good he is, dude is easily one of the hardest WRs to cover in the NFL, legit slot ability and quickness and is built like a tank or take Hall of Fame center Kelce off that line see how good the power run game is.  And clearly one can see what happens when the D does not play great and that is with all those dudes, now 8 of the 11 starters on D are free agents.  

Will be interesting to see what happens with that roster, is almost impossible to come back the same or better next year but we will see, they still have not paid Jalen Hurts yet which benefits them greatly.  Also see how Jalen can hold up with that power QB run game, bound to get hurt similar to Lamar this past year, and Jalen did get hurt already this past season.  

Most elite QBs are surrounded by good weapons though. Joe Burrow has Chase, Higgins, Boyd, and Mixon. That’s not ever held against him. 

What did we see when their defense doesn’t play great? Hurts still had nearly 400 yards, 4 TD and went toe to toe with Mahomes on the biggest stage lol

Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Herbert, Lamar, Dak, Rodgers, Hurts, Lawrence, Cousins. So I have him 8th. I'd have no disagreements with anyone putting him as high as 6th though. I would not put him over Lamar, and I think he doesn't have a case against Mahomes/Burrow/Allen/Herbert. I also feel pretty strongly about him being behind Dak, but I understand the league is very "what have you done for me lately", so I expect that to be an unpopular take right now.

EDIT: I feel compelled to rank my next 10 QBs as well.

Kyler, Tua, Stafford, Daniel Jones, Geno, Carr, Tannehill, Watson, Goff, Jimmy G.

Edited by minutemancl
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

I was impressed by him this season but I still think he's closer to Kyler Murray than he is to Allen/Burrow/Mahomes. 

Agreed, what kind of player he is will really come to light next year, especially now since the OC is gone and the DC and most likely well over half of their free agents if not more.    

Can they reload, who knows.  

All this talk that what is around a QB does not matter, look at Brock Purdy the 262 pick in the draft!   Behind a great OL, with great running backs and great receivers/TEs dude looks great.  Big shocker.  

Could Justin Fields be just as good as Hurts on Philadelphia if not a little better?  Absolutely he could I feel, but things look a lot different when he is the QB of the Bears behind that OL with those receivers and those running backs.