Who will play in Super Bowl 58?

notthatbluestuff

1 hour ago, Superduperman said:

Rematch.

Would love to see it but highly, highly unlikely.  It was already an uphill battle with the all of Eagles FA and having the Hardest schedule in the NFL for the 2023 season.

Now add both Steichen an Gannon leaving for HC jobs elsewhere,  not happening!  In fact has it ever happened before? SB opponent losing both thier OC and DC but making the SB again the following year? Patriots?

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Would love to see it but highly, highly unlikely.  It was already an uphill battle with the all of Eagles FA and having the Hardest schedule in the NFL for the 2023 season.

Now add both Steichen an Gannon leaving for HC jobs elsewhere,  not happening!  In fact has it ever happened before? SB opponent losing both thier OC and DC but making the SB again the following year? Patriots?

I wasn't aware of just how many FA's they have, but at the same time they have a really deep roster. If they bring several of those free agents back, not all, and then make a move or two and have a good draft, they'll still have an excellent team.

As for the coaching, I always lean toward believing it's a little overrated. Good players make good coaches.

I expect the Eagles' window will remain open for a handful more years or until Hurts starts breaking down.

Really would want to see how the Eagles handle their offseason before I would commit to any prediction here. Curious if they try to go full all in to run it back or if they lose some guys to retirement and free agency. But as is, I have a hard time picturing someone other than San Fran or Philly in the superbowl on the NFC side, which means it almost definitely won't be either of them.

• Like 1