Around the NFL

WizardHawk

Dallas decided to trade away Amari Cooperin the offseason to the Cleveland Browns, which Jones expressed some regret over, saying the team might have been too bullish on Michael Gallup — who was coming of an ACL injury — rookie Jalen Tolbert taking on larger roles.

“I think Gallup, we probably should’ve been a little more conservative,” Jones said. “You know, most guys come off an ACL, especially skill guys, maybe takes a little time. I think Gallup’s going to be back (in form in 2023). But getting a little confidence in our drafting, thinking (Jalen) Tolbert could step right in and do some things. I think it just sometimes it takes a little longer with the receivers.”

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

Dallas decided to trade away Amari Cooperin the offseason to the Cleveland Browns, which Jones expressed some regret over, saying the team might have been too bullish on Michael Gallup — who was coming of an ACL injury — rookie Jalen Tolbert taking on larger roles.

“I think Gallup, we probably should’ve been a little more conservative,” Jones said. “You know, most guys come off an ACL, especially skill guys, maybe takes a little time. I think Gallup’s going to be back (in form in 2023). But getting a little confidence in our drafting, thinking (Jalen) Tolbert could step right in and do some things. I think it just sometimes it takes a little longer with the receivers.”

F'ing dumba$$.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, DaBoys said:

How long have they been doing this? Did they just get on the job last year and not realize that it takes 2 years for players to completely recover after an ACL injury? 

Part of me believes they’re lying through their teeth about this. They let Cooper go out of spite. A circus franchise run by multiple stooges. 

Edited by Tony7188

8 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

How long have they been doing this? Did they just get on the job last year and not realize that it takes 2 years for players to completely recover after an ACL injury? 

Part of me believes they’re lying through their teeth about this. They let Cooper go out of spite. A circus franchise run by multiple stooges. 

I definitely think there was more too it. Cooper was seen jogging in the final quarter of the playoff loss to the 49ers as he was visibly frustrated with not getting targeted. Idk that he called Dak the black kirk or any of that non sense, but I do think he was frustrated and Dak was frustrated back at him. They let him go for a bag of peanuts. I just don’t buy that they honestly believed Gallup and Tolbert could replace him. Especially when we traded him before we drafted Tolbert. It makes zero sense. The only thing that would make it make sense would be that there was something going on behind the scenes. If the Cowboys were forced to choose between their newly signed QB and Cooper I can see how they would want to get Cooper out of the picture asap regardless of compensation. Trade him for scraps and send him to football hell in Cleveland. That will show him. 

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 2