2023: Offseason

onejayhawk

38 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

That would have been good for 3rd in catches (Kelce/Juju), 4th in yards (Kelce, Juju, MVS), and tied for 3rd in TDs (Kelce, McKinnon, Hardman) on the Chiefs.

That said, I doubt he matches that if he even makes the team. Also makes me wonder why the Giants didn't try to keep him considering they're lacking WR talent outside of Hodgins and maybe Robinson. Purely stat scouting, but I'm wagering it's his fumbling issues.

54 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

How the heck they get Richie James, talk about a steal.  That dude was legit late last year, super quick receiver who is tough.  Great value and pickup, kid can play.  

I'm wondering if Kadarius Toney had some input at either end.

1 minute ago, onejayhawk said:

I'm wondering if Kadarius Toney had some input at either end.

Maybe, either way James was very hard to cover last year and I am sure he is not super expensive either.  The Chiefs have a solid team right now, and have 12 draft picks...

Should be able to get multiple OTs, DEs, DTs and DBs along with many other picks.   I have them getting two of each right now.

41 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Maybe, either way James was very hard to cover last year and I am sure he is not super expensive either.  The Chiefs have a solid team right now, and have 12 draft picks...

Should be able to get multiple OTs, DEs, DTs and DBs along with many other picks.   I have them getting two of each right now.

Mahomes is having his returning WR to a throw-n-catch session in Texas. He did this last year and discovered Watson in addition to the obvious work with JuJu and MVS. I would not be surprised if RJ was invited.
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2023/04/06/kansas-city-chiefs-patrick-mahomes-marquez-valdes-scantling-skyy-moore-justyn-ross-throwing-texas/

I'm sure that they will take a DB at some point, but that's already a crowded room.  Sneed, McDuffie, Williams, Watson all saw extensive SB snaps at CB. At safety they had Reid and Cook then signed Mike Edwards. The oldest is Justin Reid at 27. In addition to all that, there area couple of ST aces

It's not popular in this team room, but look for a TE fairly early. This is the first really good class in recent  memory.

I also look for a trade up to the early 20s as they did last spring. The team needs impact more than depth. Trading back is also possible. The 30-50 range looks very rich this year.
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2023/04/07/kansas-city-chiefs-2023-nfl-draft-espn-insider-first-round-trade-expectations-offensive-tackle-edge-rusher/?itm_source=parsely-api

Edited by onejayhawk

34 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

It's not popular in this team room, but look for a TE fairly early. This is the first really good class in recent  memory.

The not popular thought is that TE is somehow the biggest need and should be addressed Round 1.  If it happens it happens, Veach has earned the right to our trust at this point.

29 minutes ago, EMAW_KSU said:

The not popular thought is that TE is somehow the biggest need and should be addressed Round 1.  If it happens it happens, Veach has earned the right to our trust at this point.

No one, specifically not me, is saying that it is the biggest need. TE is an opportunity that might arise.

What is unpopular is taking a TE at #31 or #63 regardless of the value. 

2 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

No one, specifically not me, is saying that it is the biggest need. TE is an opportunity that might arise.

What is unpopular is taking a TE at #31 or #63 regardless of the value. 

I have a hard time with TE bring the right balance pick at 31, but again if it’s what happens is what it is.  Just can’t be Mayer for me, that would leave me disappointed.

23 minutes ago, EMAW_KSU said:

I have a hard time with TE bring the right balance pick at 31, but again if it’s what happens is what it is.  Just can’t be Mayer for me, that would leave me disappointed.

There you go. Even if Mayer or Kincaid slides to #31, you would not take advantage.