2023: Offseason

onejayhawk

1 hour ago, KC_Guy said:

Not KC-related .. but:

Source: The Giants and QB Daniel Jones have agreed to a four-year, $160 million, with an additional $35 million that Jones can make in incentives.

Looking at Mahomes' contract and rubbing my eyes ... WHHHAATTT???

This is 100% a team paying out of fear of having a bad QB, not paying because they actually have a good one. Such a terrible, terrible move.

34 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

As much as i find it distasteful, I agree that we should press to sign OBJ. He and the rest of the Oline were EXCELLENT in the SB.

As Teddy KGB would say, "Give that man his muuny"

You said it: He was excellent in the SB .... but thoughout the season?? Good ... but excellent???

45 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

You said it: He was excellent in the SB .... but thoughout the season?? Good ... but excellent???

I'd give him a "good" grade for seasonal effort. But when it counted he was "excellent". Yes i'd pay him now with the caveat that he CONTINUE playing well or he might end up playing for Houston or other.

That doesn't mean I have to like paying him.

Edited by mayanfootball

4 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

As much as i find it distasteful, I agree that we should press to sign OBJ. He and the rest of the Oline were EXCELLENT in the SB.

As Teddy KGB would say, "Give that man his muuny"

“Pay that man his muuny…”  All this check check check all day long is driving me crazy! Can’t it just start already? I’m doing to know Veach’s plan.

Putting it out there right now, if we sign Lazard, you guys are going to be really disappointed, if it’s anywhere near what he wants.  Lunch pail guy, outstanding blocker, but drops a ton of balls and thinks he’s a hell of a lot better than he is.

10 minutes ago, EMAW_KSU said:

Putting it out there right now, if we sign Lazard, you guys are going to be really disappointed, if it’s anywhere near what he wants.  Lunch pail guy, outstanding blocker, but drops a ton of balls and thinks he’s a hell of a lot better than he is.

So MVS 2.0?

I don't want him personally. Give me JuJu or a draft pick.

In the event Orlando Brown departs, this article has three FA possibilities--Donovan Smith, André Dillard, Taylor Lewan. All have possibilities and issues. Lewan and Smith are probably only for a year, maybe two. Dillard could be longer term but has had issues staying healthy. 
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/lists/kansas-city-chiefs-2023-nfl-free-agency-left-tackle-options-donovan-smith-andre-dillard-taylor-lewan/

35 minutes ago, EMAW_KSU said:

Only nowhere near those guys price tag.

You mean Lazard would be higher, right? Fortson is minimum and Watson should be cheap to re-sign.

Lewan is a different story. JuJu is not the only veteran to make out well this season. Carlos Dunlap never smelled a Conference Final but now he's getting a SB ring. That sells. 

Edited by onejayhawk

21 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

You mean Lazard would be higher, right? Fortson is minimum and Watson should be cheap to re-sign.

Lewan is a different story. JuJu is not the only veteran to make out well this season. Carlos Dunlap never smelled a Conference Final but now he's getting a SB ring. That sells. 

A resounding yes, that is what I meant.