2023: Offseason

onejayhawk

6 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Not a fan of the Taylor deal. It'll be interesting if he is indeed our LT or we keep him at RT and let Niang/Tega Wanogho/draft pick fight it out for LT.

Technically, I guess we sign him, draft rolls around we take a tackle, if that player blows us away we have both tackles and depth. Ā Is a win win. Ā Taylorā€™s contract goes away when new LT needs a new one. Ā Just trying to figure this all out, trust the system.

12 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Already paying Thuney 22mil+/year. We have Creed and Trey's deal coming up. Just feels like an overpay for an average player.

Creed n Trey under contract this coming year and the next. Taylor was better than average in Jax last year and he's only 25. Even if he stays at RT he's miles and miles better than Wylie.

Idk, I guess I'd rather see how it plays out than pan it right away.

Just now, Chiefs_5627 said:

Creed n Trey under contract this coming year and the next. Taylor was better than average in Jax last year and he's only 25. Even if he stays at RT he's miles and miles better than Wylie.

Idk, I guess I'd rather see how it plays out than pan it right away.

Creed/Trey: Yeah, but I'm also thinking 2-3 years ahead. This year or next is likely Thuney's last year with us. Maybe we get lucky and he takes a big pay cut to stay. Despite what people keep saying, we haven't really seen that Mahomes/championship discount from anyone except Kelce, Clark last year, and maybe Jones upcoming.

Last year was Taylor's only decent year according to Jags' fans. I definitely agree about him being better than Wylie at RT. My main issue is the reports of us moving him to LT, where he hasn't played, after a single good year at RT. Just a gamble. I'd rather keep him at RT where he did good and have a competition at LT.

• Like 1

This is the time to extend Gay/Sneed/Danna. Humphrey/Smith/Bolton can wait til 2024.

I was not expecting to lose both OT but Wylie signed with Washington (kudos to him getting 3x what we paid him). Taylor graded 1st round when he came out but slid to #35. There is no reason to think that he cannot play good RT. LT is a different issue.

For now I am assuming that Lucas Niang will play LT and that they will sign someone as insurance. If we see another signing or something to indicate Tayloe will be moved, that can change.

35 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

This is the time to extend Gay/Sneed/Danna. Humphrey/Smith/Bolton can wait til 2024.

I was not expecting to lose both OT but Wylie signed with Washington (kudos to him getting 3x what we paid him). Taylor graded 1st round when he came out but slid to #35. There is no reason to think that he cannot play good RT. LT is a different issue.

For now I am assuming that Lucas Niang will play LT and that they will sign someone as insurance. If we see another signing or something to indicate Tayloe will be moved, that can change.

Is already being said expectation is LT is his to lose. Ā Youā€™re missing the biggest elephant in the room extension wise. Ā CJ95. Ā With his comments it might seem like a foregone conclusion, but until itā€™s done, itā€™s not done. Ā We thought Cheetah was wrapped up too.

3 minutes ago, EMAW_KSU said:

Is already being said expectation is LT is his to lose. Ā Youā€™re missing the biggest elephant in the room extension wise. Ā CJ95. Ā With his comments it might seem like a foregone conclusion, but until itā€™s done, itā€™s not done. Ā We thought Cheetah was wrapped up too.

We were talking about extending players on their rookie contracts.

Still, it's a valid point. Remember the liquor store videos when he was signed to this contract?

38 minutes ago, EMAW_KSU said:

I donā€™t see Jones being an issue. Ā One of the biggest hurdles with Tyreek (aside from him he wanted to be in Mia), Ā as his current year cap hit was low compared to what his extension was gonna cost year 1. Ā  Ā Taking a 17 Mil cap hit and creating cap space on a 30 Mil APY was impossible. Ā  With Jones you can him even a 3 year 72 Mil extension and still free up 7-8 Mil year one. Ā 

37 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

We were talking about extending players on their rookie contracts.

Still, it's a valid point. Remember the liquor store videos when he was signed to this contract?

I actually do not. Ā When I think of videos and Chris, thereā€™s only one disturbing video that comes to mindā€¦And Iā€™m not watching that again.

2 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

For now I am assuming that Lucas Niang will play LT and that they will sign someone as insurance

I hope this is the case. Keep Taylor at RT where he's shown he can play. I'd prefer to have one unknown (Niang/Prince at LT) rather than two (can Taylor play LT + RT).