Is Mayfield a first rounder???

Iamcanadian

We'll see how he measures in at the combine. If he's 6'1, he will get drafted in the first. If he's under that, there's a probability he will be but a possibility he slips. If he completely lays an egg in the playoffs and measures under 6'1, he'll get knocked down a round or two.

Top 5.  Better player than Rosen, Darnold, or whoever else.  Would not be mad at all if he's our pick at #1.

The Manziel comparisons are for people who are too lazy to watch him, or not smart enough to know what they're seeing when they do.  

He's the NCAA's best passer, and by a wide margin.  As this chart shows, he's "elite at literally everything".  

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

I am ready to be this year's @brownie man.  I still can see Kizer developing, but we've gotta get Baker.

I think I might end up being this, but for Lamar Jackson. The media narrative on him as a run first, questionable accuracy guy is stupid as heck.

But I currently like Mayfield a lot too, so I won't hate you for that take.

Or any of you Rosen boys, he's really interesting too.

39 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I think I might end up being this, but for Lamar Jackson. The media narrative on him as a run first, questionable accuracy guy is stupid as heck.

I actually don't think he's gotten enough of the "run first, questionable accuracy guy" label--seems like a media golden child who is more of a "transcendent right handed Michael Vick" according to them.  If you look at Jackson's stats, he is very much a questionable accuracy guy.  My eye balls say that as well--seen him look really inaccurate at times.  What's worse is that I could see Lamar Jackson being the target if we keep Hue.  Lamar Jackson is my #5 passer in the draft behind Mayfield / Rosen / Darnold / Rudolph.

1 hour ago, freakygeniuskid said:

He is definitely not a run first qb, but his accuracy is spotty at best. 

25 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I actually don't think he's gotten enough of the "run first, questionable accuracy guy" label--seems like a media golden child who is more of a "transcendent right handed Michael Vick" according to them.  If you look at Jackson's stats, he is very much a questionable accuracy guy.  My eye balls say that as well--seen him look really inaccurate at times.  What's worse is that I could see Lamar Jackson being the target if we keep Hue.  Lamar Jackson is my #5 passer in the draft behind Mayfield / Rosen / Darnold / Rudolph.

Stats are the worst thing to look at when determining accuracy. 

Ive seen hundreds of throws that were incomplete that were accurate and hundreds of throws that were complete and inaccurate. 

2 hours ago, brownie man said:

Get Saquon ad Fitz and trade 2 2nds for Baker 

Well yes, this of course.  It is my fapdream to end up with Saquon/Minkah/Baker.  If we trade down from #1 to #3 with the NYG so they can grab Darnold & then the 49ers trade down so they can grab an LT/WR/pass rusher and get picks for another team to scoop up Rosen, I'd trade the Giants 2018 2nd rounder from the deal--keep the 2019 1st--and #33 to get up into the high teens for Mayfield after we grab Barkely #3 & Fitzpatrick #5.  I'd have to get a new laptop, though, but it'd be worth it.

Archived