Is Mayfield a first round QB???

Iamcanadian

25 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

They're looking at a history of that happening, not just single incidences.  I mean, how many here haven't gotten too drunk and did something stupid?  I don't think there's a single person on here that hasn't done that at one point or another.  It's literally something that happens all the time.  Does that make him a bad person?  No.  He had a lapse in judgement, and it hasn't been an issue since then.  It shouldn't even be more than a small mention during their evaluation.

This is exactly the same rhetoric we heard about Johnny Manziel. And it will be a big matter in NFL draft rooms. Quarterbacks are held to a higher standard than any other position because they really are both the de facto team leader and on of the three prominent public facing figures of the team along with the GM and coach.

52 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

They're looking at a history of that happening, not just single incidences.  I mean, how many here haven't gotten too drunk and did something stupid?  I don't think there's a single person on here that hasn't done that at one point or another.  It's literally something that happens all the time.  Does that make him a bad person?  No.  He had a lapse in judgement, and it hasn't been an issue since then.  It shouldn't even be more than a small mention during their evaluation.

Stealing that panda from the zoo was not stupid, sir! I stand by my decision. 

9 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Because he isn't Josh Dobbs who is better than Deshaun Watson. Didn't you know this already!?

All kidding aside, you see what I'm asking right? It can't be both. He can't be "not an NFL QB" but also call him a mediocre player at the next level.

2 minutes ago, Jlash said:

All kidding aside, you see what I'm asking right? It can't be both. He can't be "not an NFL QB" but also call him a mediocre player at the next level.

Yes I know haha. Unless he plays a different position. Which isn't happening. Although he said mediocre future at best. Which makes him hedging his bets like Skip Bayless. Is he or isn't he. Take a stance! He did it with Kamara and Dobbs so he can do it.

I don't think you can really argue that he isn't emotionally immature right now.  The big question is if that is just being young and he'll grow out of it in a couple years or if that is just who he is as a person.  If I'm an NFL GM I also get a deep look on how much he does drink/party.  Most NFL QB's don't end up getting tackled by the cops.

He has a strong enough arm, and he's accurate with the football.   He's mobile enough to move around in the pocket, but I don't see him making too many plays with his feet in the pros.  I don't think I could justify spending a 1st rd pick on him, but I could see him as a 2nd.

Love him. Wouldn't mind if the Ravens picked him in the first round tbh.

The kid can sling the rock and play football. Oooo the kid got drunk in public and tried to run from the cops. Not like he beat his GF. 

The guy talks his trash and backs it up. I think other football players would LOVE to follow a guy like that. People who get upset at his antics on the field probably hate bat flips as well.

Don't even try to compare him to Johnny Football, completely different.

3 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

Love him. Wouldn't mind if the Ravens picked him in the first round tbh.

The kid can sling the rock and play football. Oooo the kid got drunk in public and tried to run from the cops. Not like he beat his GF. 

The guy talks his trash and backs it up. I think other football players would LOVE to follow a guy like that. People who get upset at his antics on the field probably hate bat flips as well.

Don't even try to compare him to Johnny Football, completely different.

Johnny Manziel won a Heisman trophy and beat the eventual national champions on the road.. Sounds like another guy talked trash and backed it up

1 minute ago, Da_Ducktator said:

Johnny Manziel won a Heisman trophy and beat the eventual national champions on the road.. Sounds like another guy talked trash and backed it up

One was also an "alleged" alcoholic and drug addict. Completely different sets of "issues".

I'll let you figure out which one that was.

4 hours ago, M.10.E said:

One was also an alcoholic and drug addict.

I'll let you figure out which one that was.

And Baker Mayfield was arrested for public intoxication and trying to flee from police. Not exactly the definition of a glowing citizen. 

We could back and forth all day about this. Fact remains this guy has displayed massive immaturity concerns AND has been arrested. These are facts. People that love the guy just want to sweep it under the rug though.

2 minutes ago, Da_Ducktator said:

And Baker Mayfield was arrested for public intoxication and trying to flee from police. Not exactly the definition of a growing citizen. 

We could back and forth all day about this. Fact remains this guy has displayed massive immaturity concerns AND has been arrested. These are facts. People that love the guy just want to sweep it under the rug though.

Please don't ever compare alcoholism and drug addiction to ONE incident of public intoxication. Johnny Manziel was 1000x the character concern compared to Baker Mayfield and Manziel was getting 1st and 2nd round looks.

1 minute ago, M.10.E said:

Please don't ever compare alcoholism and drug addiction to ONE incident of public intoxication.

And you literally have no idea what goes on behind the scenes with Baker. I'm pointing out the fact that he has been arrested for public intoxication in addition to a boatload of immaturity problems.

Archived