One final All In Mock

OzPackfan

I'll start by saying its unlikely this happens but its my definition of All In.....

Current status - 16.481m Over the cap

Re-Signings/Restructures:

• Rodgers: Returns for one final year and one last crack at the SB - Signs a restructured deal worth 42m for 2023 (with an extra void year to lower his cap number in 2023). New cap number is 25.833m - Savings of 5.79m
  • Bahktiari: Restructures 13m of his current contract by adding 2 void years and agrees to take 3m pay cut for this year. New Cap number 17.065m - Savings of 11.788m
  • Clark:  Signs 3 year extension worth 56m. New cap number is 12.973m - Savings of 11m
  • Alexander: Restructure 12m of roster bonus into signing bonus. New cap number is 11.25m  - Savings of 8.961m
  • Jones: Restructure 12m of salary/roster bonus into signing bonus plus add extra void year. New cap number is 10.413m - Savings of 9.6m
  • Smith: Restructure 8m roster bonus into signing bonus. New cap number is 7.04m - Savings of 6m
  • Gary: Signs 5 year, 111m contract. New cap number is 5.092m - Savings of 5.8m
  • Amos:  Signs 1 year 7.5m contract, New cap number is 5.758m - Savings of 2.192m
  • Campbell: Restructure 3.5m of roster bonus into signing bonus. New cap number is 5.625m - Savings of 2.53m
  • Savage: Restructures 5th year option by moving 6m of salary in signing bonus plus adds 2 void years. New cap number is 3.901m - Savings of 4m
  • Douglas: Restructures 4m of salary/roster bonus into signing bonus. New cap number is 5.766m - Savings of 2m
  • Nijman: Signs 2 year deal worth 8.75m with 4m signing bonus. New cap number is 3.51m - Increase cost of 3.51m
  • Nixon: Signs 3 year 11.5m deal with 4.5m signing bonus. New cap number is 3.5m - Increase cost of 3.5m
  • Ford: Signs 2 year deal worth 6m with 1.75m signing bonus. New cap number is 2.625m - Increase cost of 2.625m
  • Wilson: Signs 1 year 2.375m deal 750k signing bonus and 1 void year. New cap number is 2m - Increase cost of 2m
  • Leavitt: Signs 1 year 2.75m deal with 1m signing bonus and 1 void year. New cap number is 2.25m - Increase cost of 2.25m
  • Cobb: Signs 1 year 2.75m deal with 1m signing bonus and 1 void year. New cap number is 3.641m - Increase cost of 2.25m
  • Lewis: Signs 1 year 2.75m deal with 1m signing bonus and 1 void year. New cap number is 2.775m - Increase cost of 1.725m
  • Crosby: Signs 1 year 2.75m deal with 1m signing bonus and 1 void year. New cap number is 2.418m - Increase cost of 1.413m

Total space available after these deals is 38.137m

Free Agent Signings:

• Dalton Schultz signs 4 year 48m deal with 22m guaranteed. Cap number is 6.5m
  • Ogbonnia Okoronkwo signs 3 year 10.95m deal with 5.2m guaranteed. Cap number is 3.05m

Total cap space left after these deals is 30.327m

Trades:

• Packers trade picks 15 and 78 to Pittsburgh for Picks 17 and 49.
  • Packers trade picks 49, 151 to Arizona for DeAndre Hopkins.
    • Hopkins has 2 years and 34.365 left on his deal. Packers add 1 void year to this and pay him 36m over 2 years with 15m guaranteed. New cap number is 12.75m

Total cap space left after these deals is 18.467m

Draft:

• With pick 17, in the draft the Packers select Myles Murphy - Edge from Clemson
  • Packers trade pick 45 to Seattle for picks 51 and 122
  • With pick 51, the Packers select Siaka Ika - DL from Baylor
  • With pick 116, the Packers select Ji'Ayir Brown - S from Penn State
  • With pick 122, the Packers select Sean Tucker - RB from Syracuse
  • With pick 171, the Packers select Johnathan Mingo - WR from Mississippi
  • With pick 234, the Packers select Marshon Ford - TE from Louisville
  • With pick 237, the Packers select Caleb Murphy - OL from Indiana
  • With pick 244, the Packers select Carrington Valentine - CB from Kentucky
  • With pick 256, the Packers select Tyrus Wheat - OLB from Mississippi State
  • With pick 259, the Packers select Christian Young - S from Arizona

This presents a 53 man roster on day 1 that looks like:

QB - Rodgers, Love (2)

RB - Jones, Dillon, Taylor, Tucker (4)

WR - Hopkins, Watson, Doubs, Cobb, Toure, Mingo, (6)

TE - Schultz, Deguara, Lewis (3)

OL - Bahktiari, Jenkins, Myers, Runyan, Tom, Nijman, Rhyan, Newman, Jones (9)

DL  - Clark, Slaton, Wyatt, Ika, Ford, (5)

Edge - Gary, Smith, Murphy, Okoronkwo, Enagbare (5)

ILB - Campbell, Walker, McDuffie, Wilson (4)

CB - Alexander, Douglas, Stokes, Nixon, Jean-Charles, Valentine (6)

S - Amos, Savage, Ford, Brown, Leavitt, Carpenter (6)

ST - Crosby, O'Donnell, Coco (3)

Edited by OzPackfan

What's funny is I've been putting together a similar concept. And I also have us trading for Hopkins, for a similar package. If Rodgers comes back that's the one move I want to see us make, because dammit if we **** the salary cap up forever to appease Rodgers by running it back then we'd better get one more ******* Super Bowl. So I love the trade.

Some of the restructures might not be likely for the player to accept - why would Savage agree to this when we're not offering him an extension, for example - and I'm highly dubious of this many deals pushing this much into the future being approved by Russ Ball. The biggest issue with this is, why keep $18m pre-draft? We can comfortably sign our picks, keep a decent in-season piggy bank while adding maybe two key free agents. 

I'd be stunned if both Rodgers and Love are on the roster again next year.

Overall a solid draft. I bet Murphy is closer to top 5 than 17, but it's early in the draft process so who knows.

3 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

The Packers wont bring a cancer like Hopkins to Green Bay.  Great player, but he'd play with Rodgers then walk all over Love.  That's the last thing you want for Love.  Better off drafting a WR who can play with Rodgers and then grow with Love.

The way we structure the deal means he could be released after 1 season.

Would effectively be a 1 year rental to try and go all in

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sandy said:

What's funny is I've been putting together a similar concept. And I also have us trading for Hopkins, for a similar package. If Rodgers comes back that's the one move I want to see us make, because dammit if we **** the salary cap up forever to appease Rodgers by running it back then we'd better get one more ******* Super Bowl. So I love the trade.

Some of the restructures might not be likely for the player to accept - why would Savage agree to this when we're not offering him an extension, for example - and I'm highly dubious of this many deals pushing this much into the future being approved by Russ Ball. The biggest issue with this is, why keep $18m pre-draft? We can comfortably sign our picks, keep a decent in-season piggy bank while adding maybe two key free agents. 

I'd be stunned if both Rodgers and Love are on the roster again next year.

Overall a solid draft. I bet Murphy is closer to top 5 than 17, but it's early in the draft process so who knows.

The Hopkins thing is unlikely but I’d do it if we are still all in

As for the restructures, a player like Savage would still get the same money he is due and would just be helping the club with the structure.

As for Love and Rodgers, I think if Rodgers comes back for 1 more year and then retires, it makes sense to keep Love and take up the 5th year option

1 minute ago, Brit Pack said:

Like the work and the thought process. It creates an option. Also how you have managed to find wiggle room with the cap. How screwed would be cap wise in 2024 if this went down?

See the Tampa Bay Buccaneers this off season. The New Orleans Saints last off season. In other words, we'd be totally screwed cap wise next year. 

That was quite an effort!

But I dont think this gets us a SB or even deep in the playoffs.  Murphy is potential, but not ready now. Can't expect much from Rodgers at this point.  A better TE and veteran WR will help a little, but not with his accuracy problems.

5 hours ago, OzPackfan said:

The Hopkins thing is unlikely but I’d do it if we are still all in

As for the restructures, a player like Savage would still get the same money he is due and would just be helping the club with the structure.

As for Love and Rodgers, I think if Rodgers comes back for 1 more year and then retires, it makes sense to keep Love and take up the 5th year option

Absolutely on Hopkins. His availability this offseason reminds me of Randy Moss for New England all those years ago. 

Thats the thing on Savage though..love the idea of lowering his cap hit, but as a career move he's giving up a ton of leverage and gaining nothing. If I were him I'd parlay it into extra years and a couple million more in guarantees. 

As for Love/Rodgers, you would be looking at a QB room over $80m next year including Rodgers dead hit and the salary of whomever our QB2 is. That's the part that isn't tenable. 

Overall, lots of great work on this though. Very well mapped out financially which is key for viability in mocks.

6 hours ago, Sandy said:

Absolutely on Hopkins. His availability this offseason reminds me of Randy Moss for New England all those years ago. 

Thats the thing on Savage though..love the idea of lowering his cap hit, but as a career move he's giving up a ton of leverage and gaining nothing. If I were him I'd parlay it into extra years and a couple million more in guarantees. 

As for Love/Rodgers, you would be looking at a QB room over $80m next year including Rodgers dead hit and the salary of whomever our QB2 is. That's the part that isn't tenable. 

Overall, lots of great work on this though. Very well mapped out financially which is key for viability in mocks.

The Savage move still makes him a free agent next year. Its basically just splitting his 5th year option over 2 years of cap.

The key to Rodgers is that his retirement kicks in after June 1 next year so any dead cap left would split over 2 seasons. 16.16m dead cap in 2024 and 41m dead cap in 2025 which may be steep but if it resulted in a SB win i think most would accept 2 years of pain.

10 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

Like the work and the thought process. It creates an option. Also how you have managed to find wiggle room with the cap. How screwed would be cap wise in 2024 if this went down?

Cap wise in 2024 would be painful but with a Rodgers post June 1 retirement, releasing Hopkins, Bahktiari, Jones, Douglas and a restructure for Gary and Jenkins we would be back under the cap.

2025 onwards would be back to normal cap health

Edited by OzPackfan