2023 Sign, Draft, or Promote: #2 WR

swede700

How should the Vikings handle the #2 WR  

24 members have voted

1. 1. How should the Vikings handle the #2 WR

• Renegotiate and Retain Adam Thielen
    • Sign an external free agent (Specify preference in thread)
    • Draft a new WR
    • Promote KJ Osborn
    • Other (Specify preference in thread)

3 hours ago, battle2heaven said:

I'm not sure. I think he still might be there at 23. Right now everyone is coming off a combine high but he still have questions

1. his long speed

2. confined to the slot only in the NFL?

3. his health. best ability is availability and he hasn't really shown that.

Number 2 on your list is the first thing I thought about with JSN as a prospect. Your other questions are valid as well. 

17 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Similar things were said/thought about JJ no?

People had questions about JJ because he was primarily only used out of the slot at LSU, it wasn’t because they questioned his size or speed that may limit his ability as an outside receiver. With Jaxon, there are some questions about his speed and his ability to separate on the outside. 

Personally, however, I’d draft him in a heart beat. 

5 hours ago, battle2heaven said:

I'm not sure. I think he still might be there at 23. Right now everyone is coming off a combine high but he still have questions

1. his long speed

2. confined to the slot only in the NFL?

3. his health. best ability is availability and he hasn't really shown that.

I just don't think the combine did much outside of solidify it for me.

1. He's not a burner, but he has plenty of speed. That long speed thing has been blown so far out of proportion I honestly do believe. He separation the year before last wasn't even a question. 2 years ago he was far and along the best receiver at Ohio St, ahead of Wilson and Olave. Most believed he was going to be a top 5 pick heading into this year.

2. He really didn't need to be thrown out on the outside, Olave and Wilson had the speed and with how good JSN was in the middle of the field, why not work all 3 of them like that? Last year he would have probably played more outside.

3. His health isn't too much of a concern to me. He missed most of the year with a Hammy, basically played it safe. They were going to work him back in and it wasn't right yet. Sounds like he was even healthy enough to play in the playoffs last year, but still probably made the right decision to play it safe.

I honestly do get the questioning to him because he truly has never "proved" his doubts that were out there, but watching him outside of anything he did last year I just can't say I see a WR better than him in this draft.

18 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

I saw a lot of similarities to cooper kupp. 

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

My comp for Jaxon Smith-Njigba is Adam Thielen. When I watch him play, his style reminds me of ‘18/‘19 Thielen. 

So a ring of honor and possible hall of famer. I can handle that at 23! Personally we keep talking about that deep over the top guy, but I think I still would look to free agency or even later in the draft. Who knows if Nailor can develop year 2 the same progression as Osborn did, boom we got our beat you over the top guy

26 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

So a ring of honor and possible hall of famer. I can handle that at 23! Personally we keep talking about that deep over the top guy, but I think I still would look to free agency or even later in the draft. Who knows if Nailor can develop year 2 the same progression as Osborn did, boom we got our beat you over the top guy

I mean, yeah, he’s on my short list at 23. I was just putting it out there why he could drop. 

47 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

I’ve never been worried about needing a certain type of receiver. Get receivers who know how to get open, and who are tough to cover.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I’ve never been worried about needing a certain type of receiver. Get receivers who know how to get open, and who are tough to cover.

Agreed.  We don’t NEED a burner, but speed is always nice to have.  There’s more than one way to get open.

1 hour ago, battle2heaven said:

a lot of rumors going around that we will hear a resolution today on our current #2 receiver.....

Yeah, I imagine we'll hear one way or the other today...it's now been 2 days since Kendricks' announcement.

14 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

My head tells me that we’ll be saying goodbye. 

My heart hopes he posts a specific Wolf Of Wall Street .gif

I think he's gone too...as a post 6/1 designation. no inside info from me, just my guess.

So that means they still need to clear over 15m prior to the start of the new year.