Commanders officially hire Eric Bieniemy to be OC/AHC.

MikeT14

42 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I’m honestly not even excited about this. I don’t believe in Rivera. I still don’t see this working. It sucks to say but my belief is at a pretty low state right now for Rivera making this thing work.

You aren’t excited on getting someone who potentially might be the real deal?

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I’m honestly not even excited about this. I don’t believe in Rivera. I still don’t see this working. It sucks to say but my belief is at a pretty low state right now for Rivera making this thing work.

My guess is Rivera retires after this year. This is Bienemy’s team. And there’s no way this gets done without Harris/Bezos okaying it. I’d say a week or two we know who the new owner is and I suspect it’s Harris. 

8 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

My guess is Rivera retires after this year. This is Bienemy’s team. And there’s no way this gets done without Harris/Bezos okaying it. I’d say a week or two we know who the new owner is and I suspect it’s Harris. 

I hope your thought is correct, especially about Harris. 

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I am with you. Hard to get on board with Rivera + Anything.  As I think Rivera + Anything = Average no matter what Anything is.

Then there is the question why Bieniemy hasn't been hired for years now.

But at the same time, no one can say Bieniemy is not the real deal and a pretty big and legit coach to sign.

• Like 1

Love the hire! I think it will pay huge dividends for Sam Howell.

The dude was the OC for a team that's been in 4 AFC Championship games in 5 years, there.

3 Superbowls appearances & won 2 of them.

And some people act like the only influence he had for the Chiefs, was holding Andy Reid's clipboard.

And even if that were true??

It would still be an upgrade over Scott Turner. 😁

Edited by aceinthehouse

20 minutes ago, taylor made said:

It's an interesting hire but in the end I feel like it'll be a Romeo Crennel or Matt Patricia type if EB ever becomes head coach. It's honestly a little bit concerning that he thinks Sam Howell will be a high level franchise QB. 

Not me...

Howell has things to learn & clean up, but what limited action I saw of him was impressive.

He can run, is tough & has a great arm.

Seems to be pretty smart, a good leader & has poise.

Now if he said he can make Wentz, or Heinicke great?

Then I would agree with you 100%.