Commanders officially hire Eric Bieniemy to be OC/AHC.

MikeT14

He's a leader of men type of coach (the main thing our players keep repeating when it comes to him is he will "hold you accountable") probably a bit more of the meat and potatoes type being a former RB but I wouldn't be surprised to see some Andy influence come with him. 

Hope EB works out well for y'all!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

He's a leader of men type of coach (the main thing our players keep repeating when it comes to him is he will "hold you accountable") probably a bit more of the meat and potatoes type being a former RB but I wouldn't be surprised to see some Andy influence come with him. 

Hope EB works out well for y'all!

Thank you I agree congrats on another title and more years of amazing QB play!!! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 4209 said:

Sam Howell was a really good prospect at one time. No QB can just take 2 top tier RB’s and WR’s and just mitigate their production without having a similar level of player behind waiting for their shot. UNC was not Bama where you lose a 1st round player and have 3 more behind them. Sam had lapses on tape throwing turnover worthy plays and a lot of things QB’s do in college coming out of those types of systems. But when you look at his seniorbowl play then look at how smart he had too be to adjust and play in a more pro style system and look as effective as he did leading his team from behind in that game. Then you factor in pre season and a NFL game where he constantly showed his game belongs I think there’s a lot to be excited about.

Yes it’s one game yes the things you need to work out of his game showed up. Also the amazing things he’s always shown that are multiple traits that collectively are more then enough to utilize to groom a system too and succeed with there is a real chance this guy can be not just the steal of the draft but as I said no matter how week the class of QB’s are every year the odds show generally atleast one becomes a NFL starter and produces. It is all luck when it comes to injury and uncontrollable things. But if the player has the mental and personality and works their tails off then you might have a real shot. You add talented weapons and players around them with a locker room that compete and work hard that’s when luck tends too pay off because you were prepared too groom a QB. Because there are very few guys that transcend teams and talent levels. Trevor, Burrow, Mahomes Allen all have Talent. Yes they all flashed but they all still had good OL play and weapons to take their game to the level we see now after years of growing. Mahomes broke out quick but having Hill and Kelse and Reid all are exactly what I’m saying. We have real weapons and talent in the backfield. We are a really good offseason away from being a real contender IF Sam can grow in a system. I believe EB is just what this team needed. Terry and Jahan are exactly the type of weapon outside with guys like Curtis and Gibson to do McKinnon things. BRob is that Pacheco hammer with alittle less burst but more hammer I think this team can do a bunch with a few FA additions not letting a fringe All pro DT leave and knocking it out the park in the draft knowing the draft is plentiful at all the positions this team could really use a upgrade at.

• Like 2

On 2/17/2023 at 9:11 PM, aceinthehouse said:

Not me...

Howell has things to learn & clean up, but what limited action I saw of him was impressive.

He can run, is tough & has a great arm.

Seems to be pretty smart, a good leader & has poise.

Now if he said he can make Wentz, or Heinicke great?

Then I would agree with you 100%.

On 2/17/2023 at 5:59 PM, 4209 said:

It's a great hire but I'm not buying into any of the Howell hype just yet. He was a 5th round pick that has one start where he played okay but didn't light it up. So to say that you believe a guy will be a high level franchise player based on the sample size would be insane. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It's a great hire but I'm not buying into any of the Howell hype just yet. He was a 5th round pick that has one start where he played okay but didn't light it up. So to say that you believe a guy will be a high level franchise player based on the sample size would be insane. 

I think he gets this year. We use our cap to see if he has anything. If not, reload for a rookie next year. Or shoot your shot again. 

Just now, MikeT14 said:

I think he gets this year. We use our cap to see if he has anything. If not, reload for a rookie next year. Or shoot your shot again. 

I don't see you guys signing anyone notable but if the board falls a certain way and you like Richardson or Levis, I could see you moving up to take one of them. 

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

To be fair, he had two right on the money drops that would’ve added around 70 or so yards to his passing total. 

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

To be fair, he had two right on the money drops that would’ve added around 70 or so yards to his passing total. 

Even if he had the greatest debut in NFL history, it's difficult to call someone a high level franchise QB when they were a late pick and you have a limited sample size. I could see you guys just rolling with Howell though, building up the rest of the roster, and then being in position to take a potential franchise guy in 2024 when the new ownership is in full swing.