Week 13: VIKINGS (9-2) at Falcons (7-4)

swede700

Game 12

NFL_Vikings_zpsce61d576.gifat NFL_Falcons.gif

When: 12:00 PM CDT December 3rd

Where: Mercedes-Benz Stadium (Atlanta, GA)

TV/Radio: FOX (TV), KFAN 100.3 (Radio);

Announcers: Kevin Burkhardt, Charles Davis

Coverage Map Link:  http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2017&wk=13

Notable Injuries:

Vikings - Questionable: LB Eric Kendricks (hip), Doubtful: None, Out: OT Mike Remmers (low back)

Falcons - Questionable: LB Sean Weatherspoon (illness), Doubtful: None, Out: CB Desmond Trufant (concussion)

Please keep all discussion about the game here.

Image result for Vikings-Falcons GIF

This will be a tough game, the Falcons have so many weapons that it's hard to lock them down and Julio Jones is just that good. In some ways I feel like it's, limit Julio, but try and take away Sanu, Coleman, and Freeman (if he's good to go).

It isn't a must win for the Vikings, but it would be an ideal game to win, keep our breathing room on the 2nd seed for the playoffs and a chance at the #1 seed.

6 minutes ago, Klomp said:

The key will be Julio v. Xavier.

If we can contain him, I'm confident in a win. If he gets hot, it could be a long day.

Julio Jones has never scored a TD on the Vikings.  Jones will get his, but I'm not concerned about Julio Jones.  He can be contained (as evidenced that, in his 2 games against the Vikings, he's only averaged 69 yds).  Zimmer is also 2-0 vs the Falcons (with a win at home and win on the road).  I'd treat them similarly as they did against the Rams...stop the run, stop the Falcons.  They'll still get some passing yards, but you can't let them burn you on the ground with Tevin Coleman (who did gash them a little in their last meeting).  

I'm glad Xavier managed to "win" on that last play against the Lions and can go into Atlanta with some confidence and swagger facing Julio Jones.

Atlanta's OTs don't impress me much, and I think Danielle Hunter should be able to get pressure and maybe get a few sacks. He'll be key in this game.

Waynes vs Sanu and Alexander vs Gabriel will be interesting as well. Those look like 50/50 matchups.

Atlanta has been hot and cold this year, but they're starting to feel it again and get comfortable. I expect them to give us one hell of a game!

But we can take them. ?Skol

18 minutes ago, milanb said:

I see this as a winnable game, if only because I am not at all sold on this Falcons team.

I agree.  While the Falcons are probably the best "team" left on the Vikings' schedule, I'm not sold on them either.  I actually think if the Vikings lose to another team left on the schedule, it's going to be against a team that they are truly expected to beat...which means it could be at Lambeau.  

1 minute ago, disaacs said:

I agree.  While the Falcons are probably the best "team" left on the Vikings' schedule, I'm not sold on them either.  I actually think if the Vikings lose to another team left on the schedule, it's going to be against a team that they are truly expected to beat...which means it could be at Lambeau.  

I hope this prediction/pick is just as good as your picks in 5000 or bust.xD

34 minutes ago, disaacs said:

A road game at Carolina is a very tough assignment for any team right now. They are very good on defence.

I think that if the Vikings win either of the next two games they will be extremely happy.

My guess is that the Packers will already be out of the playoff picture by the time the Vikings play them in Week 16. They are at six losses already, and 9-7 will not get you into the NFC playoffs this year.

3 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Some random trivia about this game:

That's weird, but with new stadiums that the teams have gotten, it could have even been five.

2008: Metrodome
2011: Georgia Dome
2014: TCF Bank Stadium
2015: Georgia Dome
2017: Mercedez Benz Stadium

Minnesota hosts the NFC South team that finishes in the same position as us each of the next two seasons, so it could easily be 5 stadiums in 6 meetings.

10 minutes ago, milanb said:

A road game at Carolina is a very tough assignment for any team right now. They are very good on defence.

I think that if the Vikings win either of the next two games they will be extremely happy.

My guess is that the Packers will already be out of the playoff picture by the time the Vikings play them in Week 16. They are at six losses already, and 9-7 will not get you into the NFC playoffs this year.

They are good on defense, but the Vikings are a bad matchup for them...and have been for quite some time...which is why they don't scare me in the least. 

Archived