Week 13: VIKINGS (9-2) at Falcons (7-4)

swede700

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

I hope this prediction/pick is just as good as your picks in 5000 or bust.xD

I hope so too, but I see it as being quite possible.  I'm still remaining cautiously optimistic on this season.  I'm trying to enjoy it as is, but I still have the pangs of potential disappointment in the pit of my stomach.  I've seen this movie 4 times previously in the last 30 years, I don't want to set myself up again to be as damaged as I was after that 1998-99 season.  xD

3 minutes ago, disaacs said:

I hope so too, but I see it as being quite possible.  I'm still remaining cautiously optimistic on this season.  I'm trying to enjoy it as is, but I still have the pangs of potential disappointment in the pit of my stomach.  I've seen this movie 4 times previously in the last 30 years, I don't want to set myself up again to be as damaged as I was after that 1998-99 season.  xD

Yeah, but every once in a while you get a feel good story and the good guys win. It'd be a fun story to see us finally do what we are meant to do.

For now though, sit back and enjoy the ride!

The Falcons started out 3-3 but are 4-1 since then.

However, even the 4-1 streak is not that convincing, as they lost to Carolina and squeaked out a narrow victory against a Seahawks team that was missing Kam Chancellor and Richard Sherman.

41 minutes ago, milanb said:

The Falcons started out 3-3 but are 4-1 since then.

However, even the 4-1 streak is not that convincing, as they lost to Carolina and squeaked out a narrow victory against a Seahawks team that was missing Kam Chancellor and Richard Sherman.

Ironically enough, they beat all of our divisional opponents to start the season...then proceeded to lose to 3 AFC East teams, prior to winning vs. the 4th.  They have had one of the oddest schedules I've ever seen, not even having 1 single divisional opponent until Week 9...and won't have another non-divisional game after our game this next weekend as they still have both games against the Saints interspersed between their other games vs the Bucs and Panthers.

I'm not sure we'll know where the Falcons actually will stand until the end of the season...they could win the division or fall apart and barely hold off the Bucs.  

And on a side note...isn't it ridiculous and kind of blasphemous to have the same sponsor of their stadium as their rival, the Saints?  The only thing that would be even more egregious would be for the Falcons to let Lowe's be the sponsor of their stadium.  That'd be like our team naming our field as Ford Stadium.  Pure nonsense.  

1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

Rhodes vs Jones is going to be fantastic.

Xavier Rhodes knows he’ll have a tough task lined up across from him on Sunday.  Atlanta is led in receiving this season by Julio Jones, who already has 66 catches for 1,039 yards through the air. Rhodes called Jones one of the best in the league and wasn’t surprised by his most recent performance, a 253-yard, two-touchdown outing against Tampa Bay.

Rhodes: “You expect that out of a guy like him. I mean, it’s the norm for him. It’s the norm for us to expect him to put up those types of numbers. Last year he put up 300 yards in one game (against Carolina). Yeah, normal. You don’t believe in the hype, don’t be afraid of the name. I know he’s one of the best receivers in the league; I just have to go play with the mindset of having confidence against him.”

Rhodes first played against Jones when the Vikings defeated the Falcons in 2014. Rhodes allowed Jones two catches for 27 yards off of four targets, and he successfully broke up a 50-yard bomb by Matt Ryan that almost certainly would have led to a touchdown if Jones had made the catch. The following season, Rhodes shadowed Jones throughout much of the game at the Georgia Dome. Jones, who didn’t make his first catch until the second quarter, recorded just two catches for 18 yards against Rhodes and was limited to 56 total receiving yards on the day.

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Xavier-Rhodes-Prepping-for-3rd-Career-Matchup-Against-Julio-Jones-/9c2094e7-ccb5-4496-b437-20c5e437560c?sf174468691=1

Brian Robison: “I think the thing that is great about this football team is we don’t really concentrate on what could be, we don’t concentrate on what has happened. We concentrate on the now, and for us, that’s the task at-hand; whatever we’re facing that week, that’s what it’s about. It’s not about where we could be at the end of the week. It’s not about where we’ve been in the past. It’s about making sure we’re focused on Atlanta and making sure we can win that ball game. We’ll see where we are at the end of the year. The only way we can be where we want to be at the end of the year is by handling each task as it comes to us. I think it helped us focus this year and helps us realize it doesn’t matter how many games you win, it can go south real quick if you don’t stay focused. So for us, it’s just about staying focused right now, making sure we do everything we can to complete the task at-hand, which for us this week, is Atlanta.”

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/As-Vikings-Focus-on-Falcons-NFC-Playoff-Picture-Begins-Taking-Shape/09c573b1-ba4e-4aa2-a04a-9b79ae453e20

Defense:

Minnesota ranks fifth in the NFL in both yards allowed per game (290.4) and points allowed per game (17.7).

The Falcons rank 10th in the NFL in yards allowed per game (321.8) and are 13th in points allowed per game (20.9).

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Early-Look-Vikings-at-Falcons/739791e9-1c89-4e1c-b70e-8da36b7dc6e6

13 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I was at that game. You could hear a pin drop once it happened.

That was 2015 and there seemed to be a sea of purple in the stands and in the stadium. It'll be interesting to see if Vikings fans make the trip down south again.

I was there too. I could hear Steve scream out in ecstasy when it happened.

Archived