Week 13: VIKINGS (9-2) at Falcons (7-4)

swede700

The Vikings are the only team in the NFL that ranks in the top five in both total offensive yards per game (375.7) and defensive yards allowed per game (290.4). Atlanta is sixth in yards per game (373.4) and is 10th is yards allowed per game (321.8).

Minnesota’s defense did not allow a third-down conversion in the first half against Detroit. The Vikings rank first in third-down percentage as opponents have converted on 39 of 137 attempts (28.5 percent). Atlanta’s offense ranks first at 48.1 percent (63 of 131 attempts).

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/10-Vikings-Falcons-Numbers-of-Note-Vikings-Reach-Top-5-in-Total-Offense--Defense/4b89b555-9078-460a-b954-17997a7860ae?sf174618367=1

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

you had 57 bad feelings about last week's game, the one we won.

Can't be disappointed if you have minimal expectations!

Kidding aside, I had good feelings going INTO the game vs. Detroit then we kept letting them hang around.

This week....I think it'll be a track meet early and we won't be able to keep up after the first quarter.

11 hours ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Have a bad feeling about this one.

Vikes get down fast and early 14-0 and can't catch up eventually losing 34-17.

Vikes get pissed and finish 13-3.

Only way we beat you guys is if we get in front fast, otherwise it will be a tough day for us. Even still after saying that, our team is just not built to play you guys and I think you will bully us around too much and have your way with us.  

I think this is going to be a game partially won or lost on the sidelines.  I think Zimmer and Shumar will definitely need to add a few wrinkles into their schemes, and, most especially, make timely adjustments.  Now, I know what you're thinking...aren't they always supposed to put in new wrinkles and make adjustments?  Of course they are...yet, what I am observing is that the Falcons are playing their best football of the year.  They have a very good offensive scheme, and their defense plays very well.  I think the Vikes win a squeaker!

1 hour ago, freeman+coleman said:

Only way we beat you guys is if we get in front fast, otherwise it will be a tough day for us. Even still after saying that, our team is just not built to play you guys and I think you will bully us around too much and have your way with us.  

i certainly like the sound of that!

2 hours ago, freeman+coleman said:

If Jamal Anderson is spotted on the sidelines, the Vikings will lose.  I hate that guy.  

5 hours ago, disaacs said:

If Jamal Anderson is spotted on the sidelines, the Vikings will lose.  I hate that guy.  

At least he helped take Minnesota to a Super Bowl-winning season in my NFL 2K3 sim league. I'll give him that. xD

Atlanta has a fire under them, trying to make it back to the playoffs in a historically competitive NFC South (the Falcons, Saints and Panthers could all potentially make the playoffs), and they're at home. Of course I want us to win, but I won't be terribly disappointed if we lose ... just as long as we take care of business in Carolina the next week. I think we need to win one of those games and then finish strong to secure one of the top two seeds.

Archived