What should the Giants do?

THE DUKE

Who should be the Giants QB next year?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who slings the rock for the G-Men?

• Daniel Jones on a monster extension
    • Daniel Jones on a franchise tag
    • Drafted rookie on Day 1-2
    • Journeyman FA option with a rd 3-6 rookie being groomed

53 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

The $45 million figure was just a rumor to begin with, plus we have this.

I think Daniel is more reasonable than that. He may want about 40, the team may want to give him about 30, and they'll meet in the middle somewhere. I could live with that. Hell, if he continues to improve under Daboll, in a few years it may look like a bargain.

If he won't negotiate, then yeah, tag him and kick the can down the road. But I don't think it will come to that.

If they can lock him up for 35 AAV I'm all in. I suspect another season under Daboll and Kafka he will only improve. It's a fair contract to him and the team and leaves room for Shoen to get him some weapons and resign Barkley. 

3 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

If they can lock him up for 35 AAV I'm all in. I suspect another season under Daboll and Kafka he will only improve. It's a fair contract to him and the team and leaves room for Shoen to get him some weapons and resign Barkley. 

I'd resign Darius Slayton and try to trade for DeAndre Hopkins ($8M cap hit in 2023). Those two with Hodges and WanDale would give you guys a solid receiving core. 

• Like 1

What about a good ol' fashion tag 'n trade?  Maybe there's a team out there who would want to pay him and give up some good value. Gives you ammo to trade up, or take a QB later and sign Brissett. He was just as good if not better as a passer last year.

Edited by adamq

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'd resign Darius Slayton and try to trade for DeAndre Hopkins ($8M cap hit in 2023). Those two with Hodges and WanDale would give you guys a solid receiving core. 

Resign Slay, draft Quentin Johnston or Njigba. Bring back Shepard on a vet min deal. Put Robinson in the slot. Hodgins and James as depth. Might just be the best WR corps DJ has ever had. 

1 minute ago, adamq said:

What about a good ol' fashion tag 'n trade?  Maybe there's a team out there who would want to pay him and give up some good value. Gives you ammo to trade up, or take a QB later and sign Brissett. He was just as good if not better as a passer last year.

What teams are realistically going to trade for him though? I don't think you can move on from him without a clear plan in place and going to a stop gap guy after a playoff run seems like a recipe for disaster. Daboll was instrumental in Josh Allen's development, tag Jones, get him a #1 WR and see if he can make a leap before you pay him. If things don't work out they'd still be in a great spot to bring in/develop a young QB next offseason.

16 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

What teams are realistically going to trade for him though? I don't think you can move on from him without a clear plan in place and going to a stop gap guy after a playoff run seems like a recipe for disaster. Daboll was instrumental in Josh Allen's development, tag Jones, get him a #1 WR and see if he can make a leap before you pay him. If things don't work out they'd still be in a great spot to bring in/develop a young QB next offseason.

Maybe the brass in NO love him 

Who Knows Whatever GIF by Paul McCartney

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think there's a chance that you can land someone like Zay Flowers, Kayshon Boutte, or Jalin Hyatt at #26. I think JSN, QJ, and JA are all off the board before you pick though. 

Hyatt is actually a really intriguing prospect. Good balance of size and speed. Seen quite a few mocks with the Gmen taking him at 25. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I like Zay Flowers but he might be a little too similar to WanDale to take him at 25.

I'm a BC fan so I have a bias for Zay but he's just not what the Gmen need right now. If they can resign Shep then you have him and Wandale to fill that slippy slot role. Need a good sized legit #1 who can take the top off the defense. It was supposed to be Golladay. Slayton's hands are too suspect for it. Need a guy that DJ can trust downfield to go and get a high ball. 

26 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

I'm a BC fan so I have a bias for Zay but he's just not what the Gmen need right now. If they can resign Shep then you have him and Wandale to fill that slippy slot role. Need a good sized legit #1 who can take the top off the defense. It was supposed to be Golladay. Slayton's hands are too suspect for it. Need a guy that DJ can trust downfield to go and get a high ball. 

I'd call on Brandin Cooks, DeAndre Hopkins, Brandon Ayiuk, and Tee Higgins. 

1 minute ago, adamq said:

Aiyuk and Higgins aren't going anywhere. The twitter reporters are just making things up

It doesn't hurt to call and ask though, they're both due for extensions and their teams have a lot of other key guys that they're already paying and/or have to pay soon.

Jerry Jeudy is another guy that I'd call about, the Broncos were reportedly entertaining trade talks during the season. He's due for an extension, hasn't quite lived up to his draft status, they're cash strapped, and they could use some additional draft picks.

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1