What should the Giants do?

THE DUKE

Who should be the Giants QB next year?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who slings the rock for the G-Men?

• Daniel Jones on a monster extension
    • Daniel Jones on a franchise tag
    • Drafted rookie on Day 1-2
    • Journeyman FA option with a rd 3-6 rookie being groomed

10 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Lmao no he doesn’t. Levis has a rocket arm, Jones arm is nothing special what so ever. Keep living in fantasy land. 

Are you saying Daniel Jones is not 6'5, has none or limited movement ability in the pocket and has little to no speed? 

20 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Daniel Jones is one of the most Mobile QBs in the league but he has average arm talent. 

If he is one of the most mobile QB's in the league that means overall he has physical traits. I agree with you about his arm talent. 

Edited by Go_Giants

On 2/23/2023 at 6:41 PM, NYRaider said:

It doesn't hurt to call and ask though, they're both due for extensions and their teams have a lot of other key guys that they're already paying and/or have to pay soon.

Jerry Jeudy is another guy that I'd call about, the Broncos were reportedly entertaining trade talks during the season. He's due for an extension, hasn't quite lived up to his draft status, they're cash strapped, and they could use some additional draft picks.

Jeudy is the best WR we have and he's under contract cheap for the next two years. (assuming we pick up his 5th year option) He's not going anywhere. I think Sutton is the guy that gets moved if anyone.

Is there a fan base outside of the Giants that doesn't want to throw up at the idea of signing Daniel Jones for any amount of money that commits to him for multiple years? I don't think there is and therefore if the Giants want him back they should basically insult him with a low ball deal. IMO Saquon should be the priority. If Tennessee moves of from Tannehill, he'd be a Daniel Jones one for one replacement. 

4 hours ago, BroncoSojia said:

Jeudy is the best WR we have and he's under contract cheap for the next two years. (assuming we pick up his 5th year option) He's not going anywhere. I think Sutton is the guy that gets moved if anyone.

I think Jeudy is the 3rd best WR on the Broncos. Tim Patrick is 1, Sutton is 2. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I think Jeudy is the 3rd best WR on the Broncos. Tim Patrick is 1, Sutton is 2. 

You clearly didn't watch the Broncos last year, (not that I'd blame if you didn't) especially in the 2nd half of the season. Jeudy was by far the best WR on the team down the stretch. Sutton has been a shell of himself since tearing his ACL in 2020.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trojan said:

Is there a fan base outside of the Giants that doesn't want to throw up at the idea of signing Daniel Jones for any amount of money that commits to him for multiple years? I don't think there is and therefore if the Giants want him back they should basically insult him with a low ball deal. IMO Saquon should be the priority. If Tennessee moves of from Tannehill, he'd be a Daniel Jones one for one replacement. 

If I were them I'd put the non-exclusive tag on him to see what he's worth. If someone wants pay him a large amount of money AND give up two firsts for him, then so be it.

17 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

You clearly didn't watch the Broncos last year, (not that I'd blame if you didn't) especially in the 2nd half of the season. Jeudy was by far the best WR on the team down the stretch. Sutton has been a shell of himself since tearing his ACL in 2020.

I can proudly say I did not watch any Broncos games last year lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BroncoSojia said:

You guys were taking calls on him last season and he's due for an extension. We just saw AJ Brown get traded last year under similar circumstances. 

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Sounds like they're going to tag Daniel Jones and let Saquan test the market. 

That's not plan A for Joe Schoen, which he has been very clear about. This is what is going to happen for the Giants:

Joe Schoen is going to push hard to sign DJ to a a longer-term contract before March 7th. If that is done, then the attention turns to Saquon Barkley, who they would also like to get a longer term deal on, but they have a hard line in the sand on his contract number.

Plan A is DJ back on some longer term contract and Saquon back on a $12.5 million AAV contract.

Plan B is DJ back on some longer term contract and Saquon is tagged ($10.1 million this year).

Plan C is they can't come to a longer term contract agreement with DJ by March 7th, so he is tagged, and Saquon will hit the market in that case.

They are going to push hard to sign DJ to a longer term deal by March 7th, because that opens up everything else, and it really will force Saquon's hand in contract negotiations. Either agree to the $12.5 million contract, or get tagged for $10, it is your choice. And for a guy who has injury history, the tag is a dangerous proposition. They definitely are more flexible in the QB contract negotiation, but Schoen is a big believer in positional importance, so he will not pay over X amount for any RB. The report is that the offer out there right now has a $12.5 million AAV, and I don't think they will budge much from that.

• Like 1

Let’s not act like Daniel Jones prior to this year didn’t show instances of his ability that he showed this pass year. One of the best dual threat QBs in the league, has dealt with terrible coaching and supporting cast pretty much his entire career. Like I have seen Daniel Jones in the past be THE reason we won games, is that enough to give a long term deal? No, but it provides you with confidence that the talent is there and that this past season is something to build on. And the Giants aren’t a QB away from competing, the roster still needs a lot of work and giving away a lot of draft capital is not for this team doesn’t make sense. Give him one of those team friendly deals. 

i was one of them people who hated the pick and that at the time and was done with him. He showed more than enough this past season to be 100% the starting QB next season. Draft around him and then if he ends up being crap then the next QB comes into a better situation. But I really think he’s found the perfect coach for him to make that leap.