What should the Giants do?

THE DUKE

Who should be the Giants QB next year?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who slings the rock for the G-Men?

• Daniel Jones on a monster extension
    • Daniel Jones on a franchise tag
    • Drafted rookie on Day 1-2
    • Journeyman FA option with a rd 3-6 rookie being groomed

On 3/3/2023 at 8:19 PM, Kip Smithers said:

Let’s not act like Daniel Jones prior to this year didn’t show instances of his ability that he showed this pass year. One of the best dual threat QBs in the league, has dealt with terrible coaching and supporting cast pretty much his entire career. Like I have seen Daniel Jones in the past be THE reason we won games, is that enough to give a long term deal? No, but it provides you with confidence that the talent is there and that this past season is something to build on. And the Giants aren’t a QB away from competing, the roster still needs a lot of work and giving away a lot of draft capital is not for this team doesn’t make sense. Give him one of those team friendly deals. 

i was one of them people who hated the pick and that at the time and was done with him. He showed more than enough this past season to be 100% the starting QB next season. Draft around him and then if he ends up being crap then the next QB comes into a better situation. But I really think he’s found the perfect coach for him to make that leap.

Overpaying an average QB is usually a death kiss for most regimes.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Please Tag DJ NYG!!🙏 If you idiots give him $40-42M a year, every Agent representing Jackson, Hurts, Burrow, Herbert, Carr and Lawrence is licking thier chops while GM's are 💩 thier pants.

Jalen is going to ask for $100M APY, fully guaranteed. 

33 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Jalen is going to ask for $100M APY, fully guaranteed. 

You have Jalen and Lamar mixed up.

I do expect a Mahomes type extension/contract (8-10yr) though structured similarly where it lowers the cap number over the next few seasons (4yr salary intact plus signing bonus money) to keep the Eagles competitive in FA during this window.

Probably APY around 45M, 160-180M Guaranteed range. Clause where He can restructure after say 5 yrs with the yearly escalating cap.

Be surprised if this deal isn't done 12:01 Start of FA. 

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

You have Jalen and Lamar mixed up.

I do expect a Mahomes type extension/contract (8-10yr) though structured similarly where it lowers the cap number over the next few seasons (4yr salary intact plus signing bonus money) to keep the Eagles competitive in FA during this window.

Probably APY around 45M, 160-180M Guaranteed range. Clause where He can restructure after say 5 yrs with the yearly escalating cap.

Be surprised if this deal isn't done 12:01 Start of FA. 

It was a joke, I was saying if DJ gets 45M, Jalen is going to ask for 100M APY.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If they tag Jones does that mean they're most likely going to let Saquan walk?

I think the opposite. Tags what, $33M? If they give DJ a 40-42M APY unless structured like I suggested above for Hurts, would that not give them an extra 7-9M to throw towards Saquons 12-14 he'll probably want?

No idea what thier Cap number is? I'd assume if they intend on keeping both players (not either or). Tagging DJ, signing Saquon was the easier of the two options? 🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I think the opposite. Tags what, $33M? If they give DJ a 40-42M APY unless structured like I suggested above for Hurts, would that not give them an extra 7-9M to throw towards Saquons 12-14 he'll probably want?

No idea what thier Cap number is? I'd assume if they intend on keeping both players (not either or). Tagging DJ, signing Saquon was the easier of the two options? 🤷‍♂️

They reportedly don't want to go over $12M APY for Saquan and they'll have to let him test the market now.