Official 2023 Combine Thread

goldfishwars

24 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I know that, I'm just saying he was about the same size as Sanders and was able to transition into a full time edge role in the NFL, so there's a chance Sanders could do the same. 

Got ya. Should have given you credit for being smart instead of the opposite

15 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

I get why he’s not being a unanimous top 5 lock... but after seeing Travon and Jordan light it up last year and yes they had more to gain than Carter, this just feels disappointing.

On the one hand, it's smart. He has almost nothing to gain here. On the other hand, it's another "tick" for me in the hesitation realm of what I've seen for his motivation. He looked downright out of shape and bad against Ohio State and was completely not just held in check, but dominated up front. He could barely get into a stance and CJ Stroud, who is in my opinion is a marginal athlete, ran away from him a few times that game.

I know it's just "one game" in a very impressive body of work for him, but I can't help but question his motivation. I'd still not hesitate to draft him/draft him Top 5, but I'm not as sold on him as some who have labeled him the best player in the draft or almost a "sure thing" lock.

• Like 1