Official 2023 Combine Thread

goldfishwars

3 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Hes already 24.  So he'll be 25 before he gets a single NFL rep.  

Unless it's a QB, I'm not usually as much scoffed by this issue. If I can have 7+ seasons of solid play before decline, I would be happy. 

25 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

That's ... impressive.

Gonna be interesting to see when he goes with teams knowing he needs to redshirt. Could be a good steal. 

I really hope the Steelers get him.  I think he will be a long time solid OG in the NFL

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Unless it's a QB, I'm not usually as much scoffed by this issue. If I can have 7+ seasons of solid play before decline, I would be happy. 

QB is the position I worry about age the least cause they have such a long shelf life.  OL is probably next in terms of not as concerned.  But its still not great to be 25 before you can get into practice.

I care a fair amount in most other positions, moreso on defense.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

QB is the position I worry about age the least cause they have such a long shelf life.  OL is probably next in terms of not as concerned.  But its still not great to be 25 before you can get into practice.

I care a fair amount in most other positions, moreso on defense.

I think my issue with QB is if I think you've peaked already. Is CJ Stroud 25? Okay that's different. Is it like Jared Hall? No thanks. 

That's why I am way more reserved on guys like Hooker. I think he's peaked, or close to it.