Week 13 GameDay Thread: Texans (4-6) vs Titans (7-4)

KingTitan

18 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

Division games are always tricky. Having said that.....

If we can't pull off a convincing win at home, against a team coming off a short week, with a backup TO prone statue at QB, behind a dreadful OL, without their big play #2 WR, with a defense that's decimated with injuries, and has shaky secondary, then......

we may never have a comfortable, convincing win this season.

And we may not... honestly.  I know it's easy to talk about how team A has a better record than team B so it should be a blowout. But truthfully in the NFL, games are commonly determined by less than 10 points.  

Division game.....It might be a game decided by 10 points or less.

The next 2 weeks are big big weeks for the Tirans. Step one is controlling what they can control and winning today is huge. Next week is a big game for us too if the Titans can win next week and the Jags lose to Seattle the Titans are really in the drivers seat in the AFC South. If it plays out the way we need it to play out and the Titans don’t slip up then on Xmas Eve we will be playing to Clintch the Division in all likelihood 

Shocked anyone thinks we would blow any team out given our history. I guess one could make the argument that eventually we would perform well against a team that is having a bad year, just don't understand the confidence. 

Anyway my "gut feelings" this year have been way, way off!!! The games I thought we would perform well in...OAK and HOU we were bad. The games I thought we would get hammered JAC and SEA we played our best...this is why I generally don't give predictions and NEVER gamble. This game I get no real feeling for but it's a home game...we need to win no matter how ugly.

46 minutes ago, Dr.Doom52 said:

Anybody see where the Jags have a 91% playoff chance and we are at 71%...I understand why we get no respect, just don't see why they do??

Flashy plays on defense. And a good defense to add. While we win ugly. 

Other teams are resilient, we are struggling. 

If you play in an IDP league, go get Brian Orakpo. Or pick up the Titans D. 

Breno Giacomini - a failure at RT - will be starting at LT. 

Jeff Allen - a failure at RG - will be starting a RT.

This is not going to be pretty. Tom Savage might not make it to halftime.

Archived