Rams likely to trade CB Jalen Ramsey in coming weeks

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, Rrrrrrrams said:

i have a hard time to believe les snead trades ramsey for a bunch of picks to use in the 23 and 24 draft.
mcvay, donald and stafford are back, they will invest these picks and money into an elite edge.

They wont. IF they trade Ramsey they are going after someone big. Probably continue to try to pry Brian Burns away from Carolina. Could try to go after someone who we dont even know would be available to trade unless the price is too much to turn down.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I like the “relocation of assets” angle that @Riftty mentions. Andrew Withworth’s retirement left a massive hole on the OL, in terms of both high level play at LT and leadership along the unit.

You can’t really replace the leadership, but if you can bring in talented guys to at least fill in some gaps in talent, you’re in a better position. We know the Rams were looking at Cole Strange last season but got jumped in line by New England - so securing a few of them picks that were previously effed would help them land a guy.

Granted, this is robbing Peter to pay Paul - the secondary takes a pretty big hit without a guy like Ramsey taking on #1 WRs. However, I have always believed it’s easier to hide a weakness in the secondary than a weakness along the OL. 

I get all that but creating a massive hole in the secondary which was weak last year to begin with to patch up the OL is just shifting weaknesses around. 

We're more likely to address the OL with our pick in the 2nd than we are to replace Ramsey with a pick in the first. Unless it's a top 10 pick for a guy like Witherspoon or Gonzalez we make ourselves weaker by far. Whereas a guy like Harrison in the 2nd helps at LT. 

The thought of trading him just doesn't makes sense to me unless it's a massive haul that he's just not likely to bring in. Again nothing would surprise me with the Rams in the offseason we've learned that for several years. This however seems like one of those rumors that pop up every off season that a big name is up for trade when it's just other teams calling and asking. 

1 hour ago, NVRamsFan said:

I get all that but creating a massive hole in the secondary which was weak last year to begin with to patch up the OL is just shifting weaknesses around. 

We're more likely to address the OL with our pick in the 2nd than we are to replace Ramsey with a pick in the first. Unless it's a top 10 pick for a guy like Witherspoon or Gonzalez we make ourselves weaker by far. Whereas a guy like Harrison in the 2nd helps at LT. 

The thought of trading him just doesn't makes sense to me unless it's a massive haul that he's just not likely to bring in. Again nothing would surprise me with the Rams in the offseason we've learned that for several years. This however seems like one of those rumors that pop up every off season that a big name is up for trade when it's just other teams calling and asking. 

We need the cap space for an Orlando Brown…. Our offense was nonexistent last year, even with Stafford and Kupp. Every team has a weakness… I would much rather have a functioning offense than an average secondary at best with Ramsey. 

4 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

They wont. IF they trade Ramsey they are going after someone big. Probably continue to try to pry Brian Burns away from Carolina. Could try to go after someone who we dont even know would be available to trade unless the price is too much to turn down.

Young pass rusher for aging expensive corner, on a team with talented corners?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Young pass rusher for aging expensive corner, on a team with talented corners?

Yeah there are Rams fans that are convinced after being turned away for Burns we can still get him and get him for less than Carolina rejected before. 

22 hours ago, Riftty said:

We need the cap space for an Orlando Brown…. Our offense was nonexistent last year, even with Stafford and Kupp. Every team has a weakness… I would much rather have a functioning offense than an average secondary at best with Ramsey. 

Yeah this totally frees up the cap for Brown and his $20+ million a year. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Curious what happened. Going to Detroit would be interesting but would LA want him in the AFC? The only teams with multiple 1st round picks are in the NFC right?

Houston, Seattle, Detroit and Philly. I don't see Houston trading picks for Ramsey when they might need those picks to move around for the guys they want. 

20 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Houston, Seattle, Detroit and Philly. I don't see Houston trading picks for Ramsey when they might need those picks to move around for the guys they want. 

Houston is in the AFC.

I would be shocked if Ramsey net them multiple 1sts. I know he’s still a beast, but he’s gonna be 29 and is making a ton of money. I don’t think any team is a CB away from contending. Detroit is probably the closest that fits that bill, but if I’m them, I wouldn’t wanna part with either 1st, especially in such a deep CB class.

They could legitimately get both Devon Witherspoon & Christian Gonzales in the 1st and immediately turn that position into an embarrassment of riches…for cheap. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Houston is in the AFC.

I would be shocked if Ramsey net them multiple 1sts. I know he’s still a beast, but he’s gonna be 29 and is making a ton of money. I don’t think any team is a CB away from contending. Detroit is probably the closest that fits that bill, but if I’m them, I wouldn’t wanna part with either 1st, especially in such a deep CB class.

They could legitimately get both Devon Witherspoon & Christian Gonzales in the 1st and immediately turn that position into an embarrassment of riches…for cheap. 

I don't think either Witherspoon or Gonzalez fall to #18. TBH, I don't think Porter lasts past the Steelers at #17. I do think the Lions could trade #18 to L.A. for Ramsey or trade two 2nds and still draft Witherspoon at #6 and have the option of taking BPA at #18. 

CB:

Jalen Ramsey 28

Devin Witherspoon 22 (Rookie contract)

Jeff Okudah 24 (Rookie contract)

Jerry Jacobs 25 (UDFA rookie contract)

Mac McCain 25

Chase Lucas 25 (Rookie contract)

S:

Tracy Walker III 28

Kerby Joseph 22 (Rookie contract)

Ifeatu Melifonwu 23 (Rookie contract)

DeShon Elliott 25