Time to Blow It Up!

Rgossett07

49 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

It's time for you to blow up your impatience and take a second to reflect on the fact that good head coaches don't grow on trees.

This is the problem with the Miami fanbase. We live in the shadow of Marino, Shula, Brady, and Belichick. If the QB isn't equivalent to those two HoFers, he's garbage. If the HC is going through a learning curve in his second year (in his early thirties) he should be discarded because he clearly isn't the GOAT. It's silliness.

And to be more accurate, we lost our starting QB (a top 15 guy, and when you look at the Jaguars / Ravens this year that's clearly sufficient), our starting MLB (McMillan), our starting SLB (projected as Misi), starting CB (Lippett), our OL coach, our bye week... it goes on. YES every team has hardships throughout the season. But Miami got the short stick this year along with a handful of other clubs.

Gase has shown he isn't perfect.

He has also shown willingness and more importantly the ability to adjust within the season, and the result as of today is this: in a season many declared as lost before it even began, the Dolphins are a Bills sweep and KC win away from a playoff berth. For the record, I don't think it happens. The Bills play Miami too well, too consistently, and Tyrod for some reason has Miami's number. I think they close the season 8-8, which most of us on this forum predicted (within a game) after Tannehill went down.

The big problem for Miami isn't Gase, or Tannehill, or Stephen Ross.. it's the cap situation which is going to be tricky to manage over the next couple seasons. Lay that at the feet of Tannenbaum if you'd like, but much of it has to do with Cutler's contract. Miami currently has only $300k in cap space and the cap ceiling is projected to go up by roughly $7m during the offseason.

6 hours ago, Kaiowas05 said:

hmm, he's still been good, if he doesn't have guarantees i'd keep him through camp to see if McMillan is healthy/is good enough

He's been okay, he's also losing passing-down snaps to Stephone Anthony recently, and his cap charge is $8.2m next year. That's simply too much for a LB who seems to be at the age where he slows down halfway through the season.

I don't believe that Pouncey is going anywhere. One of the beat reporters just stated that Young has played well enough so far, that he has a shot at replacing James next year, and Davis has already earned the RG position. The O-line has played really well the last couple of weeks, even facing some good D-lines. I still stand by what I said earlier, that a true #1 WR is the top want, followed by SLB and DE. Here is some other things I have heard. #1 Gase want's an experienced backup QB, and Cutler/Moore won't be back. The rumors are that the Phins may try to trade for Bridgewater, if he becomes available. Tannehill will be the starting QB next year, but Gase want's an upgrade, and possible replacement for Tannehill if he struggles next season. #2 The Phins will be in the market for a "showcase" TE. Either in the draft, or in free agency. Gase really likes using the TE, and he has been hurt by not having that type of player on the team. In the draft Troy Fumagalli would be a great fit. #3 Look for the Phins to draft another speedy RB next year. A RB like Sony Michel or Ralph Webb. Gase has stated in multiple press conferences that he believes that 2 speedy RB's that are kept fresh by splitting carries, is better than a bell cow RB.

2 hours ago, Kaiowas05 said:

i love the idea of Sony Michel but we do need someone able to rumble on early downs. Sony is pretty much the Georgia version of Kenyan Drake in my eyes :)

I'd take Nick Chubb if he's there in the 3rd.

I think a stud DT next to Suh would bring our defense up a lot. I'd also like a well-rounded base DE. I'd trade up for Bradley Chubb.

7 hours ago, ericsvibe said:

I don't believe that Pouncey is going anywhere. One of the beat reporters just stated that Young has played well enough so far, that he has a shot at replacing James next year, and Davis has already earned the RG position. The O-line has played really well the last couple of weeks, even facing some good D-lines. I still stand by what I said earlier, that a true #1 WR is the top want, followed by SLB and DE. Here is some other things I have heard. #1 Gase want's an experienced backup QB, and Cutler/Moore won't be back. The rumors are that the Phins may try to trade for Bridgewater, if he becomes available. Tannehill will be the starting QB next year, but Gase want's an upgrade, and possible replacement for Tannehill if he struggles next season. #2 The Phins will be in the market for a "showcase" TE. Either in the draft, or in free agency. Gase really likes using the TE, and he has been hurt by not having that type of player on the team. In the draft Troy Fumagalli would be a great fit. #3 Look for the Phins to draft another speedy RB next year. A RB like Sony Michel or Ralph Webb. Gase has stated in multiple press conferences that he believes that 2 speedy RB's that are kept fresh by splitting carries, is better than a bell cow RB.

Absolutely agree with the bolded.  The TE position is huge in this offense, and we don't have any weapons there.  I'm also 100% on board with bringing in another RB.  Williams just isn't anything special and a rookie would be cheaper.  

i think I'd much rather see Eric Smith get a shot at this point. This team is still going to be a running team and we may as well field a receiver than Duarte, he's not big bodied really so teams will just match him up with a DB. I'd rather have a receiver on the field instead. I don't think the formation will fool anyone, much like when we fielded Thomas all year or Jordan Cameron previously

On 12/15/2017 at 8:59 AM, cddolphin said:

This is the problem with the Miami fanbase. We live in the shadow of Marino, Shula, Brady, and Belichick. If the QB isn't equivalent to those two HoFers, he's garbage. If the HC is going through a learning curve in his second year (in his early thirties) he should be discarded because he clearly isn't the GOAT. It's silliness.

Gase should be discarded because he's a poor HC with many flaws, not b/c we're trying to compare him to Shula. Gase's comparison is more in the neighborhood of Tony Sparano but with less discipline on the field.

Archived