Official 2023 MLB Gameday Thread

Herbie_Hancock

7 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

He was innocent so yes lol

Just because he's innocent doesn't mean he isn't a jerk of a person that nobody wanted. Maybe those reports were actually true that he wasn't wanted by teammates. Or no team wanted that PR stuff to deal with and will wait a year or two then give him a call?

18 minutes ago, biggio7 said:

Just because he's innocent doesn't mean he isn't a jerk of a person that nobody wanted. Maybe those reports were actually true that he wasn't wanted by teammates. Or no team wanted that PR stuff to deal with and will wait a year or two then give him a call?

I just think that when it comes to "personalities" baseball is ridiculous compared to football. Anyone who isn't a yes man robot gets a world of crap. Bauer is a jerk but so what. He's an above average starter in the league. The people that complain about him are the same that complain about bat flipping and pimping dingers 

48 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

I just think that when it comes to "personalities" baseball is ridiculous compared to football. Anyone who isn't a yes man robot gets a world of crap. Bauer is a jerk but so what. He's an above average starter in the league. The people that complain about him are the same that complain about bat flipping and pimping dingers 

I think we're beyond being just a jerk when it comes to Bauer. Jeff Kent was a jerk. Bauer is a bit beyond that.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

No, it has nothing to do with being a 'yes' man. Football is different. Probably because it's only 17 games. Different mindset there with cheering for guys who have done terrible things. That all gets swept under the rug and forgotten about if you're good.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Slateman said:

I think we're beyond being just a jerk when it comes to Bauer. Jeff Kent was a jerk. Bauer is a bit beyond that.

Oh yeah he's an @$$hole for sure but there are definitely worse in other sports. The stuff he did to get out of Arizona and Cleveland were extremely childish. I'd give him an incentive laden deal and any funny business, send him packing 

18 hours ago, biggio7 said:

No, it has nothing to do with being a 'yes' man. Football is different. Probably because it's only 17 games. Different mindset there with cheering for guys who have done terrible things. That all gets swept under the rug and forgotten about if you're good.

Bauer is good though that's what I'm saying. And as for what he's innocent of, I don't think it applies but like I said, in this country, once you're on trial for it, you're guilty for life 

54 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Bauer is good though that's what I'm saying. And as for what he's innocent of, I don't think it applies but like I said, in this country, once you're on trial for it, you're guilty for life 

He wasn't good enough for his personality to be overlooked. It won't be for life... it will be for a year or two then someone will bring him back. Maybe.

And, to be fair, I disliked Bauer well before this nonsense came out.

4 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Oh yeah he's an @$$hole for sure but there are definitely worse in other sports. The stuff he did to get out of Arizona and Cleveland were extremely childish. I'd give him an incentive laden deal and any funny business, send him packing 

Uh .... I think most teams are concerned about the multiple accusations of sexual assault at this point

• Like 1