Manchester United Thread - Fred's a Red

UKTexans

Decent fee, but as I mentioned in another thread, he's a serious head case. If Mourinho can keep him in check, it will be a great signing.

I believe he's currently banned from entering the UK xD

Squad looks very decent, if a bit unspectacular in places. 

Apparently we're preparing another bid for Perisic now that it's evident Bale is going nowhere. 

Still think we are short at FB.

I'd like to see Mourinho sign some young talent or at least pretend to be encouraging youth development. 

6 hours ago, texans_uk said:

Apparently we're preparing another bid for Perisic now that it's evident Bale is going nowhere. 

Still think we are short at FB.

I'd like to see Mourinho sign some young talent or at least pretend to be encouraging youth development. 

Yeah because Pep, Conte, and Wenger have been signing all the young talent and promoting them lol.... 

1 hour ago, Eagles $5$ said:

Yeah because Pep, Conte, and Wenger have been signing all the young talent and promoting them lol.... 

Not sure what your point is? 

We've gone almost 80 years with always having a graduate in the squad. I'd like to see Mourinho look to our talented academy again. Unlike City and Chelsea we have a long history. 

Wenger doesn't belong in that group lol.

United have several talented youngsters (Fosu-Mensah, Borthwick-Jackson, Tuanzebe, etc.). Mourinho always had a poor record of developing youth though. At least LvG brought Martial, Rashford, and Lingard into the team.

Edited by marky mark

4 hours ago, texans_uk said:

Not sure what your point is? 

We've gone almost 80 years with always having a graduate in the squad. I'd like to see Mourinho look to our talented academy again. Unlike City and Chelsea we have a long history. 

The point is that most managers now a days won't develop talent in a top club... Show me the last player a top manager promoted from the academy consistently anymore? most of them are at the job for 2-4 years and move on so the have to win now. 

2 hours ago, marky mark said:

Wenger doesn't belong in that group lol.

United have several talented youngsters (Fosu-Mensah, Borthwick-Jackson, Tuanzebe, etc.). Mourinho always had a poor record of developing youth though. At least LvG brought Martial, Rashford, and Lingard into the team.

Lol please name the last player Wenger brought from the academy that is consistently player for Arsenal?