Manchester United Thread - Fred's a Red

UKTexans

6 minutes ago, dhunt2402 said:

Don't want Perisic. Dier would be a good signing and a natural fit to replace Carrick

Agreed on Persic, Mourinho needs to stop throwing Martial under the bus and give him a run of games. 

I like Dier a lot, but I honestly think his asking price will be astronomical, Levy is known to absolutely rinse us on players. I would prefer us taking a chance on a "wonderkid"and let Herrera fill the Carrick role in the meantime. 

5 hours ago, Cheesehead430 said:

I dont want Matic or Persic. Both on the wrong side of 28. We desperatley need another CM however, Fellani getting any minutes just isnt going to cut it. Verratti would be ideal. 

Verratti?? 

PSG don't want to sell.

He wants to move to Barça. 

Would be very hard to see us sneaking in there. 

What do people think of the persistent Bale rumours?

I think it's interesting nobody is quoting any potential fees.

I would be interested to see how much it would cost to prize him away.

Would likely cost double that of Perisic, both are 28.

38 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

What do people think of the persistent Bale rumours?

I think it's interesting nobody is quoting any potential fees.

I would be interested to see how much it would cost to prize him away.

Would likely cost double that of Perisic, both are 28.

Bales injuries have been pretty devastating these past few years. If he can get his health back, he would be worth every penny of the 80+ million he would cost, imo. 

On Wed Jul 26 2017 at 0:56 AM, dhunt2402 said:

Don't want Perisic. Dier would be a good signing and a natural fit to replace Carrick

Yeah, I highly doubt Dier is an option anymore. Levy would be asking world record fees, in this market, and Dier isn't worth anywhere near that.

10 minutes ago, kempus said:

Bales injuries have been pretty devastating these past few years. If he can get his health back, he would be worth every penny of the 80+ million he would cost, imo. 

I struggle to justify spending £80m on a 28 year old frequently injured luxury player.

I would rather spend £70m and bring in Keita.

8 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

I struggle to justify spending £80m on a 28 year old frequently injured luxury player.

I would rather spend £70m and bring in Keita.

The injuries are a concern, but Bale is on a whole other level compared to Keita. If you think he will be fit, he's worth it. Id take him back at Spurs in a heart beat. But, perhaps that's nostalgia.

3 minutes ago, kempus said:

The injuries are a concern, but Bale is on a whole other level compared to Keita. If you think he will be fit, he's worth it. Id take him back at Spurs in a heart beat. But, perhaps that's nostalgia.

Of course he's on a different level to Keita. But I question whether a 28 year old, oft-injured, winger is really what we need to be splashing the cash on right now.

Carrick is coming to the end of his career, although it's not like he was ever a stud CDM, and we saw what a difference Kante made to both Leicester and Chelsea.

Keita in a midfield three with Herrera and Pogba would be exceptional.

14 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

Of course he's on a different level to Keita. But I question whether a 28 year old, oft-injured, winger is really what we need to be splashing the cash on right now.

Carrick is coming to the end of his career, although it's not like he was ever a stud CDM, and we saw what a difference Kante made to both Leicester and Chelsea.

Keita in a midfield three with Herrera and Pogba would be exceptional.

Yeah, you probably don't really have a need there. Martial needs to make that his spot this season. 

15 minutes ago, kempus said:

Yeah, you probably don't really have a need there. Martial needs to make that his spot this season. 

I wish Mourinho would stop bad mouthing Martial.

Whenever he's been given a run in the side his potential has shone.

He had a blip last season, when his personal life was also in a bit of a mess, and Mourinho threw him (and some others) under the bus.

1 hour ago, texans_uk said:

I wish Mourinho would stop bad mouthing Martial.

Whenever he's been given a run in the side his potential has shone.

He had a blip last season, when his personal life was also in a bit of a mess, and Mourinho threw him (and some others) under the bus.

Mourinhos treatment of some of the younger players (Shaw in particular), was disgraceful last season.