John Fox is still employed

G08

2 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

That tape and those results were far from good tho...yes it was Cleveland but they averaged just 17.4 PPG good for 30th in the NFL...25th in Yards per game...21st in Passing...22nd in Rushing...3rd down completion was a bright spot at 42% good for 9th in the NFL but the results were not great...I think it is a big ask to think he is going to leave a great QB focused situation with Pederson & Reich on staff as well as a QB coach and then be able to run an entire franchise...had he been a QB coach under a defensive HC or an OC who was OL focused or something like that then fair enough but I would question if it is all him with Wentz or if it is three really good QB coaches two of whom played the position in the NFL.

The results are less important to me than the scheme and creativity.

That we would have to watch a ton of Browns all 22, puke.

Just now, WindyCity said:

Results are the only thing that matter in the NFL...no one has ever been sacked for winning ugly.

Just now, WindyCity said:

They threw for 4,156 yards, 20 TDs, 12 INTs, and an 84.0 rating. They rushed for 1,520 yards and averaged 4.0 YPA.

The freaking Browns.

3 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Results are the only thing that matter in the NFL...no one has ever been sacked for winning ugly.

Results are largely influenced by talent.

If he runs a creative scheme and a QB friendly scheme, which 4000 yards and almost 2:1 makes me think he does, that is what I am really after.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

Never said anything about Alshon and Bouye. 

Just want Pace to stop signing guys who literally give you NOTHING on the field.

Every team wants their team to sign less FA busts, but every team has them. The difference between us and most other teams is that we haven’t had the core nor the stars to overcome the misses. 

But forget Bouye and Alshon. Say Wheaton was a competent 2/3 and Dion Sims was a legit #2 TE and Marcus Cooper was a starting caliber non-star player. We’re what, 3 wins better? Maybe? Great. Mediocre. More Fox ball in 2018 too. Status quo as a non-championship competitor remains. Feel the excitement! Maybe consider as much as this stretch blows that it’s a necessary means to an end to get where we all want this team to be. If we want the consistency of NE or PIT then we have to be built like them, and from where we were that’s a total reboot. 

Just now, AZBearsFan said:

Every team wants their team to sign less FA busts, but every team has them. The difference between us and most other teams is that we haven’t had the core nor the stars to overcome the misses. 

But forget Bouye and Alshon. Say Wheaton was a competent 2/3 and Dion Sims was a legit #2 TE and Marcus Cooper was a starting caliber non-star player. We’re what, 3 wins better? Maybe? Great. Mediocre. More Fox ball in 2018 too. Status quo as a non-championship competitor remains. Feel the excitement! Maybe consider as much as this stretch blows that it’s a necessary means to an end to get where we all want this team to be. If we want the consistency of NE or PIT then we have to be built like them, and from where we were that’s a total reboot. 

It isn't about what would have saved John Foxs job.

It is about improving the talent of the team, not making Trubisky learn with total losers and taking a step forward.

If Wheaton was a competent #2 and Sims didn't suck we would have 2 less issues heading into this season and Trubisky would probably be having more success.

4 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

If Pace wanted to sabatoge John Fox then he should have just saved the money and signed UDFAs.

Roll the cap room into 2018.

Signing crap players is still signing crap players. Do you have confidence in the pro personnel department heading into a big offseason?

Taking out the likes of Harbaugh who I doubt leaves Michigan...

1. Matt LaFleur

2. Matt Nagy

3. Pete Carmichael Jr

A lot will be dependent on who they can bring with them as DC and the rest of their staff...

I think LaFleur has worked on the best staffs and brings that "Shanahan scheme" that we know works in the NFL...Nagy has learned under Andy Reid who is an excellent offensive mind and I think we have the players to fit that scheme as well...Carmichael Jr provides a proven track record of producing top offences even in the year Payton was suspended but he will need an enforcer to come with him.

After that I would be looking at McDaniel, Reich and Todd Wash who I think would be really interesting altho he is a defensive guy with a little offensive background when it comes to the running game.

2 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Taking out the likes of Harbaugh who I doubt leaves Michigan...

1. Matt LaFleur

2. Matt Nagy

3. Pete Carmichael Jr

A lot will be dependent on who they can bring with them as DC and the rest of their staff...

I think LaFleur has worked on the best staffs and brings that "Shanahan scheme" that we know works in the NFL...Nagy has learned under Andy Reid who is an excellent offensive mind and I think we have the players to fit that scheme as well...Carmichael Jr provides a proven track record of producing top offences even in the year Payton was suspended but he will need an enforcer to come with him.

After that I would be looking at McDaniel, Reich and Todd Wash who I think would be really interesting altho he is a defensive guy with a little offensive background when it comes to the running game.

That crew I like, Carmichael not so much, but no play calling experience is really worrisome.

Love the resumes of the top 2, but we have no idea whether they can consistently be a play calling advantage. Nagy calling plays for 5 games is ibteresting.

This is why I think DeFillipo is going to be more in demand. He should be the OC of the Jets but he was blocked.

17 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

If Pace wanted to sabatoge John Fox then he should have just saved the money and signed UDFAs.

Roll the cap room into 2018.

Signing crap players is still signing crap players. Do you have confidence in the pro personnel department heading into a big offseason?

Who said anything about sabotage? I’m saying that some FA misses might actually turn out to be a good thing because Fox even with top players probably doesn’t win a title. He never has. 

And are you this pessimistic about everything? I could hand you a couple of gold bars and I swear you’d tell me they’re too heavy or too shiny or their conversion rate in Canada is too low or something else. 

11 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Who said anything about sabotage? I’m saying that some FA misses might actually turn out to be a good thing because Fox even with top players probably doesn’t win a title. He never has. 

And are you this pessimistic about everything? I could hand you a couple of gold bars and I swear you’d tell me they’re too heavy or too shiny or their conversion rate in Canada is too low or something else. 

Missing on evaluations is never a positive.

Just fire Fox you don't need to concoct a certain number of wins. You could have signed better free agents and still fired John Fox.

I would happily take gold bars. But we are talking about turd bars. Wheaton, Sims, Glennon and Cooper are turd bars and those I don't want.

Your saying that missing on the free agents this year is a blessing in a disguise because it probably guaranteed John Fox was fired.

I am telling you that missing on free agent signings is not a blessing in disguise, because it probably means our pro personnel department kind of sucks.

Archived