John Fox is still employed

G08

5 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Marcus Cooper 

Brandon Carr

Morris Claiborne

Kayvon Webster

All these players got less money than Marcus Cooper and have been way better than Marcus Cooper. Again you spend money at a position and signed the worst player in the group. That is a problem.

This team would be much better with any of these guys playing in the slot of competing with Fuller and Prince.

I recall Cooper playing really well at the start of the season and hearing alot of praise about the move in signing him. Ever since he got hurt he hasn't been the same player. Overreact much? Yes.

Other than that, yea Wheaton, Sims and Glennon were all bad signings.

2 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I recall Cooper playing really well at the start of the season and hearing alot of praise about the move in signing him. Ever since he got hurt he hasn't been the same player. Overreact much? Yes.

Other than that, yea Wheaton, Sims and Glennon were all bad signings.

I thinks Cooper may redeem himself.

I liked the move initially. But you have to move on past your initial reaction once you have data to analyze.

But all you can judge is the results on the field. He has been benched, inserted-gave up 2 long completions and a TD, rebenched, and then took a big penalty on special teams.

5 minutes ago, G08 said:

I'm not sure I understand the LaFleur love

If he just brings McVays playbook it is a huge win.

The way they run play action, the spread concepts they use, the passing game out of the backfield, all deadly stuff.

Add in he Fact that he also has been with Shanny in Atlanta and both shanny and McVay in Was.

Everrett Golson, RG3, Matt ryan, Jared Goff all had career years with him.

9 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Your saying that missing on the free agents this year is a blessing in a disguise because it probably guaranteed John Fox was fired.

I am telling you that missing on free agent signings is not a blessing in disguise, because it probably means our pro personnel department kind of sucks.

It could also mean that your incompetent head coach and his largely incompetent staff, all of whom are about to be fired by the way, don’t how to effectively utilize players to their strengths. We have one competent key coach - Fangio - and the FA brought in on his side of the ball and under his watch have hit at a much higher rate even though they are all of that same 2nd tier variety as those falling short of expectations on offense. I don’t think that’s a coincidence. I’m not saying better offensive coaches make Markus Wheaton a star, but I do know that competent offensive coaches make him a functional asset because we saw that for the entirety of his tenure in PIT. 

1 minute ago, G08 said:

I'm not sure I understand the LaFleur love

What do you not like about the offense the Rams are running? They are scoring a ton and turned Goff from looking like a lost high schooler to having a hell of a season. Or do you feel McVay is personally responsible for it?

Not bashing/arguing, genuinely asking.

My issue with him is that SO much relies on Gurley. Howard can't catch, he needs the AP role of having 3 priorities - all three are to run the ball. I also really disliked a simple gameplan by Zimmer completely throwing their offense down. I can attribute that to a learning experience though with them both being so young.

3 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

It could also mean that your incompetent head coach and his largely incompetent staff, all of whom are about to be fired by the way, don’t how to effectively utilize players to their strengths. We have one competent key coach - Fangio - and the FA brought in on his side of the ball and under his watch have hit at a much higher rate even though they are all of that same 2nd tier variety as those falling short of expectations on offense. I don’t think that’s a coincidence. I’m not saying better offensive coaches make Markus Wheaton a star, but I do know that competent offensive coaches make him a functional asset because we saw that for the entirety of his tenure in PIT. 

Incompent coaching is on Pace.

Based on what I have seen Glennon, Sims and Wheaton struggle to execute then very baic tasks of their positions.

The number of times Sims is on his back in the run game is impressive.

22 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

What do you not like about the offense the Rams are running? They are scoring a ton and turned Goff from looking like a lost high schooler to having a hell of a season. Or do you feel McVay is personally responsible for it?

Not bashing/arguing, genuinely asking.

My issue with him is that SO much relies on Gurley. Howard can't catch, he needs the AP role of having 3 priorities - all three are to run the ball. I also really disliked a simple gameplan by Zimmer completely throwing their offense down. I can attribute that to a learning experience though with them both being so young.

I honestly haven't looked much into him, but I do believe McVay has a huge part of all the success they are having. I remember reading somewhere that the Falcons let LaFleur go because they didn't think he was doing a very good job in ATL.

Just now, G08 said:

I honestly haven't looked much into him, but I do believe McVay has a huge part of all the success they are having. I remember reading somewhere that the Falcons let LaFleur go because they didn't think he was doing a very good job in ATL.

Oh wow. I never read that.  That seems crazy though because Ryan had a monster year under him.

I read about how McVay constantly gives him credit for the improvement they have had. Shanahan also said at the combine the Rams got one hell of a coach too. 

1 hour ago, G08 said:

Didn't LaFleur leave after Shanahan got the 49ers job and Sarkisian took over?

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

Based on what I have seen Glennon, Sims and Wheaton struggle to execute then very baic tasks of their positions.

Pace isn't coaching for Fox. He can only control what kind of coach he wants in here next.

The more we hear about it the more it comes out that Bears kept Accorsi on to lead the coaching search after Pace was hired due to him being a first time GM. Accorsi is good friends with Fox who also has connections to Sean Payton.  Seemed like a good match right? 

I'd like to see what Pace does with his own hand picked guy who he has had time to research and interview in depth.

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

Pace needs to get better offensive coaches in place. No question. That IS on him. But none of that refutes my point that better coaching likely makes these guys who have been bums here this year at least serviceable players, and that plays significantly into your GM’s perceived hit rate in FA. 

Glennon was always a backup caliber player who got overpaid to be a placeholder but he also played much better in Tampa under Mike Sullivan in 2013 and Jeff Tedford in 2014 than here under Fox & Loggains. Sims was one of the highest rated blocking TE in the league last year under Shane Day (TE coach) and Chris Foerster (OL coach). Wheaton was an effective slot receiver and deep threat under Todd Haley. 

8 hours ago, G08 said:

That is a bit of a double standard considering how much you like DeFillipo.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

That is a bit of a double standard considering how much you like DeFillipo.

If you read what I've said about DeFilippo, and what players he has coached said about him, you wouldn't be saying that.

Archived