John Fox is still employed

G08

Just now, WindyCity said:

Expecting more than 3 wins this season is not impatience. Not expecting more than 3 wins this season is incredibly low standards.

This season has been a failure of coaching and front office and that should be pointed out. I am glad the media is not letting Pace off the hook for the roster issues that have contributed to this collapse.

I don't recall anyone here saying that they were happy with only 3 wins and that they didn't expect more.

Your point has been made numerous times now.

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Expecting more than 3 wins this season is not impatience. Not expecting more than 3 wins this season is incredibly low standards.

This season has been a failure of coaching and front office and that should be pointed out. I am glad the media is not letting Pace off the hook for the roster issues that have contributed to this collapse.

Give Pace more time, but that doesn't mean he gets a pass on his part in 36 loses.

Pace doesn't have the luxury of time.  The media and fan drum beat for his head will be very loud this time next year if the bears are once again looking at another 3 to 4 win season.  Basically he has one year left.  That makes him a lame duck GM.   

9 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

Pace doesn't have the luxury of time.  The media and fan drum beat for his head will be very loud this time next year if the bears are once again looking at another 3 to 4 win season.  Basically he has one year left.  That makes him a lame duck GM.   

He does, though. And I think that will be communicated to the head coach during interviews.

3 minutes ago, G08 said:

He does, though. And I think that will be communicated to the head coach during interviews.

Alright I just want the internet record to show that I think the media crush from another disastrous 2018 season will lead to Pace being fired.   

Just now, Rogerthat said:

Alright I just want the internet record to show that I think the media crush from another disastrous 2018 season will lead to Pace being fired.   

I think if we win 3 games again and we're healthy, he's probably a goner.

If we win 6 games or so and show progress? Doubt it.

25 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

I don't think Bears ownership is overly concerned with what the media or fans think.  It's not as if this is their first rodeo and first time being criticized.  It's also not as if they are at risk of folding their franchise.  Plus, no matter what they do or how they operate, people are always going to have their say on what's wrong, so I'm sure they are used to the backlash by now.

And for the record this is not me endorsing the McCaskey family as being great owners.  Just saying that most ownership groups will not makes changes just to appease the media and fans, so I don't buy that Pace doesn't have the luxury of time just because the media and fans expect better results.  We do know that McCaskey's gave Pace a 5 year deal to rebuild this franchise and from all account they will be patient with the initial 5 year plan.

6 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I don't think Bears ownership is overly concerned with what the media or fans think.  

The ownership should be really concerned about the fans not showing up for the games.  I don't ever remember soldiers field being half empty during the wannstedt or Juron or the tresman years.  The bears fan base is rapidly becoming apathetic and if the bears have another losing season in 2018 its going to be hard for the bears to sell tickets to a fan base with just give Ryan Pace a little more time narrative. 

GM gets a 5 year deal, head coach gets 4. Interpretation: if Fox doesn't work, you get one more hire.

Ownership approves a major renovation to Halas Hall, spearheaded by Ryan Pace. Breaks ground in 2018, set to be done in March of 2019. Interpretation: Pace should be around to actually see the renovation in which he played a huge role. I also think this was announced last month so it can be used as a selling point to potential head coaches.

12 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I don't think Bears ownership is overly concerned with what the media or fans think.  It's not as if this is their first rodeo and first time being criticized.  It's also not as if they are at risk of folding their franchise.  Plus, no matter what they do or how they operate, people are always going to have their say on what's wrong, so I'm sure they are used to the backlash by now.

And for the record this is not me endorsing the McCaskey family as being great owners.  Just saying that most ownership groups will not makes changes just to appease the media and fans, so I don't buy that Pace doesn't have the luxury of time just because the media and fans expect better results.  We do know that McCaskey's gave Pace a 5 year deal to rebuild this franchise and from all account they will be patient with the initial 5 year plan.

The fan/media reaction definitely helped Reese and McAdoo out the door. 

Just now, G08 said:

GM gets a 5 year deal, head coach gets 4. Interpretation: if Fox doesn't work, you get one more hire.

Ownership approves a major renovation to Halas Hall, spearheaded by Ryan Pace. Breaks ground in 2018, set to be done in March of 2019. Interpretation: Pace should be around to actually see the renovation in which he played a huge role. I also think this was announced last month so it can be used as a selling point to potential head coaches.

I think you are over stating the importance of a building.

The building will be here after Pace.

It is 100% about how Trubisky looks.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

The fan/media reaction definitely helped Reese and McAdoo out the door. 

Yeah but let's be real, that had more to do with the decision to bench Eli Manning than it did anything else.

Everyone and their grandma knew that McAdoo and Reese would be gone at the end of the season, it was a foregone conclusion,  they just expedited that by making one of the dumbest QB changes in the history of the NFL and bringing unwanted national embarrassment to the franchise.

I've listened to a ton of interviews on the subject, you gain nothing from firing your head coach early. By rule you cannot interview any coach on another team until the season is over. If they are in the playoffs, it has to be on a bye week.

Only advantage you get is you can interview someone who is currently not employed by the NFL... and really you can do that anyway if you have your head coach and GM in office.

9 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

The ownership should be really concerned about the fans not showing up for the games.  I don't ever remember soldiers field being half empty during the wannstedt or Juron or the tresman years.  The bears fan base is rapidly becoming apathetic and if the bears have another losing season in 2018 its going to be hard for the bears to sell tickets to a fan base with just give Ryan Pace a little more time narrative. 

This is not something new.  It's been like this for the past few years with less fans showing up to Bears games.  Until the team grows and starts getting better then that's how it will continue to be.  If you think the McCaskey's are hurting  that bad in their pocket books as a result of this lower attendance then you are sorely mistaken.

The fans will be back in earnest once the rebuild is completed and this team is good again.  This is not a concern in a world class city like Chicago.

Archived